The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
hehe, this is quite weird. i'm a fresher but have been here since sunday now due to Geek Week, :tongue:. quite looking forwards to watching everyone else struggle to move in and bashing into each other in the corridoors (yes, it is quite sadistic). and everyone i have seen has brought far too much stuff, myself included. and i felt like a tit carrying all my stuff in even though there was nobody around to see me, :tongue:. ah well.

good luck tomorrow everyone, you're going to need it!!!
Reply 41
ahh i went up to my room today it is sooooo cool. see photos.

Photo one; shot of me bed. Please note the *gorgeous* curtains. oh and look out the window and you can see all the beaaaaaaautiful scaffolding and building work going on until next year right above my head. Whoop!
Photo two; my desky area/chest of drawers.
Reply 42
Gael
ahh i went up to my room today it is sooooo cool. see photos.

Photo one; shot of me bed. Please note the *gorgeous* curtains. oh and look out the window and you can see all the beaaaaaaautiful scaffolding and building work going on until next year right above my head. Whoop!
Photo two; my desky area/chest of drawers.

Looks all cosy and settled in! (Just make sure you keep your gorgeous curtains closed when changing if there are builders all round! :wink: )

Ooooo tomorrow!!!!!!! So exciting!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:biggrin:
Reply 43
yeh, getting spotted in the nuddy by a builder doesn't exactly float my boat lol.
My college mum just rang to check I was ok and that I was ready for tomorrow - how sweet!

Just came back from TESCO's, buying all my soups, pastas, jams, tomatoes, long life juice etc. :smile: :smile: so excited :smile:

Cant wait to make my room look nice!!
oooo... that looks so cosy. Aww, getting all excited now i've nearly finished packing :biggrin:
Reply 46
Rik! Where do we get our t-shirts from tomorrow?! I've packed my laptop and I can't remember what the e-mail said...I'm hoping half of Sidney haven't had my idea of arriving before the 1st years or else we won't be able to get in the car park. :rolleyes:

To the freshers worrying about taking too much. Don't. I guarantee you will not have more stuff than me. (Currently standing at the entire boot of a Mondeo, a third of the back seat, and a roof box :biggrin: ) My friend managed to take almost 3 cars full, though that could be because she lives 10 miles down the road and therefore can. I am slightly worried my things aren't quite going to fit though, oops.
Reply 47
i took a lot, and my room looks soooooo empty. there is SO much shelving space.
Reply 48
*Joanna*
My friend managed to take almost 3 cars full, though that could be because she lives 10 miles down the road and therefore can.

See, if I lived like ten minutes down the road I'd probably bring barely anything, then go home for stuff when I needed it! (Possibly not the best way to spend freshers' week though!)
Reply 49
milly87
See, if I lived like ten minutes down the road I'd probably bring barely anything, then go home for stuff when I needed it! (Possibly not the best way to spend freshers' week though!)

I don't think she brought that much stuff at the start- it was more when she knew what her room was like and what it could acommodate!
Reply 50
It looks empty and you've seemingly taken lots of ornaments etc, I've got nothing. Maybe organisation is a key factor in why men prefer 'minimalism'.

I'd also like to say I think your room looks really, really cool.
Reply 51
thank yeew
Reply 52
Speaking in olde english again? :smile:
Reply 53
no, that's texan.
Reply 54
Sounded more Essex to me.
Reply 55
*Joanna*
Rik! Where do we get our t-shirts from tomorrow?! I've packed my laptop and I can't remember what the e-mail said...I'm hoping half of Sidney haven't had my idea of arriving before the 1st years or else we won't be able to get in the car park. :rolleyes:

I found mine in my pigeon hole today, so yours will very likely be waiting for you in the post room, too. You'd best get here early if you want to beat the freshers to it. Plan is to have a general meeting in the car park at 9am and the little 'uns will be arriving anytime from 9:30 onwards, apparently. This of course means that anybody in the car park after 9:25 without full body armour is labelled officially suicidal.

You should be able to check Hermes for all the itinerary and plans and stuff from whichever comp you're using for TSR. See you soon!
Reply 56
Rik_Rock
I found mine in my pigeon hole today, so yours will very likely be waiting for you in the post room, too. You'd best get here early if you want to beat the freshers to it. Plan is to have a general meeting in the car park at 9am and the little 'uns will be arriving anytime from 9:30 onwards, apparently. This of course means that anybody in the car park after 9:25 without full body armour is labelled officially suicidal.

You should be able to check Hermes for all the itinerary and plans and stuff from whichever comp you're using for TSR. See you soon!

Ok cool. We're aiming for 8.15 so with four of us should be able to clear the car full of stuff pretty quickly. :biggrin: (Which very nearly didn't fit, oops.)

That's the downside of having your cam emails sent to Outlook, it makes them disappear from hermes.
Reply 57
*Joanna*
That's the downside of having your cam emails sent to Outlook, it makes them disappear from hermes.
Sorry for the geeky interlude but if you follow these instructions for IMAP stuff then Outlook won't take things away from Hermes anymore. Your computer officer or whatever equivalent you have will probably be able to help set it up if you're confused. Although probably not for a while since all the freshers will want their computers sorted out.
Reply 58
*Joanna*
Ok cool. We're aiming for 8.15 so with four of us should be able to clear the car full of stuff pretty quickly. :biggrin: (Which very nearly didn't fit, oops.)

I use outlook, too, but the stuff only disappears from hermes *after* outlook has pulled it off the net. Also, I set up a mail rule to automatically forward all the emails to my gmail account so I can find them on the web and search them :smile:
I haven't done the prepatory problems they gave me.

I am unofficially screwed...

Latest

Trending

Trending