The Student Room Group

Tips for a successful college/sixthform interview?

Please share any tips or any of the questions you were asked at your interviews.
Bump
It really depends on the sixth form you're going to. Obviously you need to be dressed smart, confident and on time. Make sure you make eye contact like any other interview and don't talk too slowly. I had an interview at 4 different sixth forms and they all asked me why I wanted to go there. I can't really remember much else which probably means i didn't get asked the same thing over but good luck! If it's not an elitist sixth form and your grades meet requirements then you'll be fine. If not, practice on your charm
Original post by chloerparker
It really depends on the sixth form you're going to. Obviously you need to be dressed smart, confident and on time. Make sure you make eye contact like any other interview and don't talk too slowly. I had an interview at 4 different sixth forms and they all asked me why I wanted to go there. I can't really remember much else which probably means i didn't get asked the same thing over but good luck! If it's not an elitist sixth form and your grades meet requirements then you'll be fine. If not, practice on your charm

How long was your interview and do they look through all your certificates in your record of achievement file that you take with you, or do they just skim through it?
Original post by STUDYREVISE
How long was your interview and do they look through all your certificates in your record of achievement file that you take with you, or do they just skim through it?

Again it depends ok the sixth form. Id say no longer than 15 minutes and my sixth forms looked at it my target grades and previous achievements briefly but that wasn't the focus of any interviews

Quick Reply

Latest