The Student Room Group

Were you ever underestimated by your teachers?

Were you ever underestimated by your teachers but in your final exams you turned around and proved them wrong?

Also, have you ever underestimated yourself but ended up getting really good grades?

It will be interesting hearing some of your experiences. I need some inspiration. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Not really. I beat my Graphics prediction (which I expected) but the prediction was fair enough because I hadn't done overwhelmingly well in the mocks.
Yes. I got an A* in Biology when I was getting Bs before, and an A in Latin when I got a C in the mock. I think I was only expected to get A*s in English Language and Literature, History and Japanese, and maybe not even Japanese, but I ended up with 7 A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"You won't get a single A*"

Mwuaha
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Mwuaha

You? Seriously?? :eek::eek::eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I haven't done my exams yet but my French teacher is always telling our class how we will fail lmao but if she's in a good mood, she says I think you guys will have the best exam results ??
I was predicted a C at Higher for modern studies last year and ended up getting over 90%! Moral of the story: trust yourself and know that prelims and predictions can be way off in comparison to what you end up with😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Lol I'm overestimated as hell

Target grades are straight A's and currently for science I'm barely passing.... (Or sometimes not at all. Whoops.)
Yeah

Those fools had no idea of how powerful I'd become
Original post by karmacrunch
You? Seriously?? :eek::eek::eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah lmao, she was like, people like you won't do very well.

I found it funny
i let all my teachers think i'm really stupid all year and then shock them at the end of the year :colone:

that feel when getting Ds all year in class and end up with an A :cool:
Reply 11

Mwuaha

So what did you end up getting?
xD My Government and Politics teacher liked to tell me I would get a C at best in AS, she set tests which were impossible to do well in which made our whole class feel bad. Well of course I got a good A in it and she can no longer be rude to me now and is now actually expecting me to do much better this year :frown: Though she does still set impossible tests so she can call our year of head in to yell at us which is always fun.
Reply 13
This is probably the story of my life. I was predicted an E in every single report for Maths, but I actually got an A at AS.
Original post by Nadine_08
So what did you end up getting?

8 of them along with 8 other grades
Yeah lmao, she was like, people like you won't do very well.

I found it funny

Well done! :biggrin:

I would too, your grades are incredible (+ AS). :tongue:

Original post by Arithmeticae
i let all my teachers think i'm really stupid all year and then shock them at the end of the year :colone:

:ahee::colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My predicted grades were below the grades I eventually achieved, so yes.
Original post by Aku-gila
Yeah

Those fools had no idea of how powerful I'd become

hahaha true. Only the weak judge those with the potential to become stronger.
yep. Predicted rather poor grades in English up until gcse when i got a new teacher, went on to get 2 a* against my predicted 2 d'S. The thing that angers me the most about it is that up until gcse due to the constant expectation of poor grades within it i never really bothered with it. The thing that was really weird was that in other humanities i was constantly expected to do well, predicted at least an a in history and r.e.
Original post by Arithmeticae

Story of my life:wink::colondollar:

Get U's and D's in mocks, have them tell you you're a 'hopeless case' then get A's in the exams.

Maybe I should try harder throughout the year but I really can't be bothered...

Quick Reply

Latest