7Rahim8
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am retaking my Maths GCSE in January, and was wondering by how many marks does the boundaries increase/decrease by?

How much marks do you need to pass Maths GCSE in Foundation paper and Higher Tier paper?

Thanks!
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 7Rahim8)
I am retaking my Maths GCSE in January, and was wondering by how many marks does the boundaries increase/decrease by?

How much marks do you need to pass Maths GCSE in Foundation paper and Higher Tier paper?

Thanks!
Heya, I'm going to put this in the Maths forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38
Green22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Thanks!
Realistically its about 30% on the higher paper and about 80% on the foundation. In other words you will be looking at 60 marks out of 200 on the higher paper and 150 out of 200 on the foundation. Some people say it is easier to pass on the higher than foundation because you only need 30% to get a C whereas on the foundation you will need 80% to get a solid C. The ultimate decision is yours as to whether pick the higher or foundation tier. Grade boundaries can go up or down each year depending on how everyone who sat the papers did. This year in June for the Edexcel A higher gcse maths paper the grade boundaries went up by four marks.
Edit: Maths is just practice . I suggest using Mathswatch. I think most schools use that now.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Thanks!
Which examiner are you retaking gcse with in january?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.18%
I'm not sure (32)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (235)
31.29%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.4%
I'm not a current university student (367)
48.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise