The Student Room Group

if you could choose your A levels again...

if you could go back and choose your a levels again what would you choose? would they be the same to what you actually took or would there be changes?

If i could choose them again i would have done AS english lang and lit then dropped it and carried onto A2 with geography, psychology and geology instead of doing AS in ICT then A2's in english lang and lit, geography and psychology.
If I could I would do Maths, FM, History and Biology. But my school didnt have FM so I chose Psychology, but now I wish I picked Maths, History, Biology and Chemistry! Lol oh well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did Maths, History, Economics, Business. I wish I'd done further maths instead of business or economics
Reply 3
For my AS levels I did photography, geography, English lit and English Lang, and dropped the photography when it came to a level.
if I could choose them again I would swap geography for environmental studies - I took photography as a space filler - I didn't want to do it. This was the reason I didn't enjoy it, I simply wasn't interested. Doing environmental would have related to geography, but hey I'm still going to do geography at university so it hasn't stopped me
I would do anything to change my a levels. I wish I did English because I miss it so much
If I could go back a year and choose different a levels, mine would be: History, Philosophy, English Lit, Latin and Mandarin
Reply 6
I took AS German, history, rs and English lit. I'd not take German it was so stressful and even though I got my highest UMS in it. It was way too stressful. Possibly economics and perhaps biology instead of English

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm still doing my AS but I wish I'd chosen French as a fifth, or done that instead of Creative Writing. I like CW, but I realise French would be more useful for that I want to do.
I started with English Literature, French, Psychology and Human Biology but I dropped English Literature a month in.

If I could restart I would swap English Literature for Sociology and I would work hard and not be lazy in French and Human Biology.
I could only take 1 a level in my school with a BTEC and an afterschool one which was only english. So I did English, maths and a BTEC in art. They didn't offer science.
I would loved to have done physics, biology, maths, art and english.
I would take sciences and arts, I originally took French, German and Sociology. Instead I should have done French, German, Mathematics and Biology.
I've only just started a level biology, chemistry, physics and music but I'd definitely get rid of chemistry for history

Posted from TSR Mobile
I started AS with Computing, Sociology, German and Art... kind of which I'd stuck at them but I ended up dropping Computing and German and taking up Product Design part way through year 12. However, when I think back to the 2 years of 6th Form I did do it makes me wish I'd gone to college instead!
Reply 13
I'm doing A2 Biology, Chemistry & Psychology whilst doing AS Maths.

I'd totally do Sociology rather than Maths. I'd also do English Lit or Geography instead of Chemistry :smile:
Reply 14
I study Biology, business & graphics at A2, and did an AS in chemistry.
Wish I'd have done biology, English lit, health & social care and psychology/history. 😟

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would have done English Literature, History, Mathematics and Physics. Or maybe Philosophy or Politics instead of English Literature. Or even Economics or Japanese. My problem is that I like elements of a lot of subjects, but not all parts of it. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest