daydreamer93
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Crashed on the roundabout it will sound my fault because I crashed into a car coming from the right, my airbags went off and theres some damage at the front of the car, dont know if it will get written off or not.. and dont know whether I'll get points on my license, so depressed right now..

I've only had the car 2 weeks????:confused:
Walkaah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by daydreamer93)
Crashed on the roundabout it will sound my fault because I crashed into a car coming from the right, my airbags went off and theres some damage at the front of the car, dont know if it will get written off or not.. and dont know whether I'll get points on my license, so depressed right now..

At least no one was hurt.
Contact your insurance company with what information you have (you should contact them anyway even if you do not claim), your insurers may have a preferred repairer near you, get an estimate for repairs to your vehicle (preferred repairer or your own) to enable you to decide if you wish to make a claim.
Your vehicle needs a professional to look as the front crumple zone may be damaged and the suspension is probably damaged, until this is investigated.

As to the incident, I would think it will end in a 50/50 settlement between insurers. Was your car towed away?
daydreamer93
Rep:
?
(Original post by Walkaah)
At least no one was hurt.
Contact your insurance company with what information you have (you should contact them anyway even if you do not claim), your insurers may have a preferred repairer near you, get an estimate for repairs to your vehicle (preferred repairer or your own) to enable you to decide if you wish to make a claim.
Your vehicle needs a professional to look as the front crumple zone may be damaged and the suspension is probably damaged, until this is investigated.

As to the incident, I would think it will end in a 50/50 settlement between insurers. Was your car towed away?
Yeah my car was towed away by a private garage I didnt include the rescue cover on my policy. Do you know if my premium will increase? this is black box insurance

can't get through with aviva as they're closed at moment
Walkaah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah my car was towed away by a private garage I didnt include the rescue cover on my policy. Do you know if my premium will increase? this is black box insurance
if you claim, yes, if you agree to pay for the other guys car damage out of your pocket then I guess not. I'm no expert but don't think you will get points on your license. Why did you pull out if it wasn't safe to do so will be the question you'll be asked
daydreamer93
Rep:
?
(Original post by Walkaah)
if you claim, yes, if you agree to pay for the other guys car damage out of your pocket then I guess not. I'm no expert but don't think you will get points on your license. Why did you pull out if it wasn't safe to do so will be the question you'll be asked
It was dark rainy and very misty I did pull out because there was no one on the right but when i was on the roundabout he came in and was turning quite quickly. I don;t think I'll claim because it's really my fault.

When I spoke to the police, they said I was unlikely to get pts on my license. But as you said he said it's 50/50
daydreamer93
Rep:
?
I just popped out to get petrol??? Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You've had your license less than a month? You're now a statistic! Bravo!

Usually airbag deployment is bad news. If you were already on the roundabout, how did you crash? Did he pull out in front of you? In which case it would be his fault. If the windows were foggy, then you should have wiped them or used the demister until you could see clearly.
daydreamer93
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nuffles)
You've had your license less than a month? You're now a statistic! Bravo!

Usually airbag deployment is bad news. If you were already on the roundabout, how did you crash? Did he pull out in front of you? In which case it would be his fault. If the windows were foggy, then you should have wiped them or used the demister until you could see clearly.
he did pull out infront of me but it wont look like that when he speaks.. Don't know what to do right now, my back is ****ing killing me
Amir King Khan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How fast was you going?
daydreamer93
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amir King Khan)
How fast was you going?
about 20mph
daydreamer93
Rep:
?
The other driver didnt seem to care as the car he was in was a courtesy car
MrWhosane
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's your fault. If you were going onto the roundabout and he was already on it, it's your fault. No 50/50 about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nuffles
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
he did pull out infront of me but it wont look like that when he speaks.. Don't know what to do right now, my back is ****ing killing me
It depends almost entirely on where the damage to the cars is. If your car is damaged on the front (most likely if the airbags went off) and his is damaged to the side, then he will be at fault for pulling out in front of you. Bear in mind, this is only if you were on the roundabout first, as then you have right of way. If he was on the roundabout first then it will be your fault.
daydreamer93
Rep:
?
It depends almost entirely on where the damage to the cars is. If your car is damaged on the front (most likely if the airbags went off) and his is damaged to the side, then he will be at fault for pulling out in front of you. Bear in mind, this is only if you were on the roundabout first, as then you have right of way. If he was on the roundabout first then it will be your fault.
is there any way to prove this?
emobambam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

that really sucks!!
daydreamer93
Rep:
?
(Original post by emobambam)
that really sucks!!
£3250 down the drain, I worked hard to pay that!
emobambam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
£3250 down the drain, I worked hard to pay that!
you really have my sympathy.what kind of car was it?
Nuffles
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
is there any way to prove this?
It doesn't help that your story keeps changing. In one post he's coming from the right, and then in another he comes onto the roundabout in front of you. Get your story straight, and this will be corroborated by the damage to the two vehicles. Did you take any pictures? If not that was a big mistake and will most likely work against you in terms of fault.
daydreamer93
Rep:
?
(Original post by emobambam)
you really have my sympathy.
to be honest it hasnt sunk in yet, I just finished my night shift, at work I went to the toilet several times wanting to puke but nothing came out, just now when I finished my shift I went to the car park to drive home, but the car wasnt there of course, I forgot I crashed it yesterday.. The moment those airbags burst out, I was thinking 'this has to be a dream' or 'am I dead?'
daydreamer93
Rep:
?
It doesn't help that your story keeps changing. In one post he's coming from the right, and then in another he comes onto the roundabout in front of you. Get your story straight, and this will be corroborated by the damage to the two vehicles. Did you take any pictures? If not that was a big mistake and will most likely work against you in terms of fault.
I didnt take any pictures at the accident, but the police did arrive and take note of everything. The car did come from the right but I was already at the roundabout by the time he turned.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (359)
45.39%
No (84)
10.62%
I'm not old enough (348)
43.99%

Watched Threads