The Student Room Group

A very big lie: I pretended to be German to seem more attractive to girls at universi

To be very concise, my surname is 'Schwarzkopf' and my hair is kinda blond my eyes blue. My first name is universal, it is spelled the same in most languages.

I thought
that, as I speak some German, pretending to be German would make me more attractive to girls at the university. This is why throughout my fresher year I told the biggest lie in my life to at least 10 different girls and upheld this bull**** throughout my first year at university.

The truth is, however, that my surname 'Schwarzkopf' is in fact Yiddish and the punch-line is that my father is actually Jewish. I am exactly 0% German.

Of course I encountered German people on my way to getting laid, so then I pretended to actually be from a German-speaking minority from Czech Republic, Poland and even France. At one point I had to cut the bull**** and say that I am only 50% German and was born in the UK or Switzerland etc. Well, it was horrible.

My advice to you guys is that being German doesn't get you farther than being Russian or Italian. If you wanna pretend to be something you are not, at least choose a cool nationality like a Canadian.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Melancholic Mill
To be very concise, my surname is 'Schwarzkopf' and my hair is kinda blond my eyes blue. My first name is universal, it is spelled the same in most languages.

I thought
that, as I speak some German, pretending to be German would make me more attractive to girls at the university. This is why throughout my fresher year I told the biggest lie in my life to at least 10 different girls and upheld this bull**** throughout my first year at university.

The truth is, however, that my surname 'Schwarzkopf' is in fact Yiddish and the punch-line is that my father is actually Jewish. I am exactly 0% German.

Of course I encountered German people on my way to getting laid, so then I pretended to actually be from a German-speaking minority from Czech Republic, Poland and even France. At one point I had to cut the bull**** and say that I am only 50% German and was born in the UK or Switzerland etc. Well, it was horrible.

My advice to you guys is that being German doesn't get you farther than being Russian or Italian. If you wanna pretend to be something you are not, at least choose a cool nationality like a Canadian.

Did you have to speak different?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2

I thought

Russians are amazing.
Italians are just as amazing.
Canadians are amazing too but not quite as amazing...
So are Irish on an unrelated note
Omg... :nothing:
:lol: this made my day
Reply 5
I chose to be Afro-Caribbean, but people saw past my lies instantly.

I'm not sure, but it might be because I'm white.
Lustig!
Reply 7
You're name is black head? :lol: bad troll.
Original post by Aph
You're name is black head? :lol: bad troll.

http://www.ancestry.co.uk/name-origin?surname=schwarzkopf

Ashkenazic surnames are like this; Goldberg, Mandelbaum, Wassermann, Weinglass (yes, it is literally Wineglass) or my favourite - Liebermann (lover)
Reply 9
http://www.ancestry.co.uk/name-origin?surname=schwarzkopf

Ashkenazic surnames are like this; Goldberg, Mandelbaum, Wassermann, Weinglass (yes, it is literally Wineglass) or my favourite - Liebermann (lover)

Thought you ment first name.
Original post by Yeah dude
Did you have to speak different?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you remember this guy from Inbetweeners who was like Austrian/German and kept fingering Simon's mom? I kinda sounded like him to be honest
Dark war eine Faszinierende Geschite
Mehr mehr jaja

I thought

I would love to see how 'german' you look! How tall are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Das ist mein teil
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Das ist mein teil

FERGALIEN? FERGALIEEEEEEN !!! NIEN NIEN NEIN NEIN NEIN

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you have to deny your real identify just to get laid, you need to reconsider your life choices.
"German-speaking minority from Czech Republic"

Lol what did you tell them "my grandfather is Franz Kafka"something like that :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

(Btw it looks like there are so many german speaking people on tsr, guys teach me deutsch :frown: ich spreche nur ein bisschen deutsch :frown: )
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arkasia
I chose to be Afro-Caribbean, but people saw past my lies instantly.

I'm not sure, but it might be because I'm white.

LOL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bittr n swt
If you have to deny your real identify just to get laid, you need to reconsider your life choices.

Fair point.

Original post by geneticist
"German-speaking minority from Czech Republic"

Lol what did you tell them "my grandfather is Franz Kafka"something like that :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

(Btw it looks like there are so many german speaking people on tsr, guys teach me deutsch :frown: ich spreche nur ein bisschen deutsch :frown: )

Well, Kafka was Jewish so obviously not... although I could play it out like that and then take the occasion to tell them that I am in fact Jewish. Thanks, I might actually have to use that in the near future.
This reminds me of when I got over 100 matches on tinder after faking my identity. Ah, those were the days.

Quick Reply

Latest