Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what do you guys really think about the war in Iraq do you guys thing its a good idea or america and all the rest of the countries just sent their soldiers to die from no reason cause every one knows that the Iraqis a pissed of because america has promised alot of things including freedom and food and yet they have not done anything

think about it

ReputationRep:
    The War In Iraq was a good idea mainly..

1. Bush will get kicked out (having a war was the best anti-bush vote clincher ever!)
    2. Blair will get kicked out (same as above)
    3. Saddams gone (cant be bad..)
    4. Made everyone realise how weak the UN really is
    5. In the long term will benefit Iraqi's

what wasn't a good idea was putting baathists back in education and even an old saddam general is back in the army..whoops! Still no different To the USSR employing the gestapo or the US employing German scientists for NASA. History repeats itslef again...

ReputationRep:
    it's a shame that this war has been given a bad name because of the fact that it has been fronted by bush and his pet blair.. however, i think we should have toppled saddam years ago, and we should be intervening with every dictator across the world.. every leader who reigns over their country using terror as a weapon should be brought to justice.

ReputationRep:
    I second that motion!

ReputationRep:
    true i hope both of those ideats get kicked out cause i mean bush comes in to pawer and what happens
    1) America and Russia have a fight
    2) 9/11 bombing
    3) War in Afganistan
    4) war in Iraq
    whats next nuclear war

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thor)
    The War In Iraq was a good idea mainly..

1. Bush will get kicked out (having a war was the best anti-bush vote clincher ever!)
    2. Blair will get kicked out (same as above)
    3. Saddams gone (cant be bad..)
    4. Made everyone realise how weak the UN really is
    5. In the long term will benefit Iraqi's

what wasn't a good idea was putting baathists back in education and even an old saddam general is back in the army..whoops! Still no different To the USSR employing the gestapo or the US employing German scientists for NASA. History repeats itslef again...
    1. The war is a vote WINNER in the US - on defence Bush beats Kerry hands down unfortunately - its on the economy that Kerry might win - but that is improving - things Dont look good for Kerry

2. Blair will not get kicked out - polls show nothing of the sort

3. I agree

4. THe UN is weak in some ways but people should not loose sight of the fact it is the only international institution of its kind and does much good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    it's a shame that this war has been given a bad name because of the fact that it has been fronted by bush and his pet blair.. however, i think we should have toppled saddam years ago, and we should be intervening with every dictator across the world.. every leader who reigns over their country using terror as a weapon should be brought to justice.

I dont see any reaosn why Blair would follow Bush no matter what - I think anyoen can disgaree with Blair - but its hard to paint him as a coward or someone with no conviction - there was NO UPSIDE for him politically going into the war ... people seem to forget that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capone)
    true i hope both of those ideats get kicked out cause i mean bush comes in to pawer and what happens
    1) America and Russia have a fight
    2) 9/11 bombing
    3) War in Afganistan
    4) war in Iraq
    whats next nuclear war
    America and Russia fought? You mean a diplomatic disagreement? So? Happens all the time

I dont think no matter how much you dislike bush (which I do) you can blame 9/11 or having to go into Afghanistan on him

ReputationRep:
    The problem is that bush is a (****)tator aswel but in another way i mean can anyone imagin how many people dead for no reason because of the American and not forgeting that America was once a good friend of Saddams same as it was America who sent Ben Laden to Afganistan to fight the russians when they had almost a 20 year war between them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    That post manages to be both very naive and very arrogant. Well done!
    It's naive because the cost involved could never be borne be any country, not even the US. It's arrogant because of this assumption that somehow us Westerners know what's best for everyone, and could make it all better if only we so wished. All the evidence points in exactly the opposite direction - Western involvement in Afghanistan and Iraq has so far completely failed to create viable democracies. Half the problem in Iraq is that its borders were arbitrarilly drawn by the British, creaing a state containis Sunis, Shi'ites and Kurds all stuck together in an unhappy union.

ReputationRep:
    The problem is that bush is a (****)tator aswel but in another way i mean can anyone imagin how many people dead for no reason because of the American and not forgeting that America was once a good friend of Saddams same as it was America who sent Ben Laden to Afganistan to fight the russians when they had almost a 20 year war between them
    It wasnt just the US which supported Saddam

Plus people seem to forget that the fight against the USSR was seen in the 80s as a fight to save the world from Nuclear War, and the spread of Communism - people forget that and only look at the issue in a narrow absolute manner...

If supporting a dictator prevents Nuclear War (Whether it would I am not sure) but if thatts the aim - then I say support the dictator - your not always gonna like your choices

Politics is the art of the possible

Also they never SENT Bin Laden ANYWHERE

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Lawzzzzzz]1. The war is a vote WINNER in the US - on defence Bush beats Kerry hands down unfortunately - its on the economy that Kerry might win - but that is improving - things Dont look good for Kerry

I'l wager £50 that Bush will lose the election in november, it was one of the main reasons i was pro war! I think its Kerrys to lose more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    Well - maybe - It will be close - but Foreign policy is a Vote Winner for Bush... all the polls show it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawzzzzzz)
    It wasnt just the US which supported Saddam

Plus people seem to forget that the fight against the USSR was seen in the 80s as a fight to save the world from Nuclear War, and the spread of Communism - people forget that and only look at the issue in a narrow absolute manner...

If supporting a dictator prevents Nuclear War (Whether it would I am not sure) but if thatts the aim - then I say support the dictator - your not always gonna like your choices

Politics is the art of the possible

Also they never SENT Bin Laden ANYWHERE

its a know fact that ben laden was with the US before he was sent to Afganistan to fight the russians every country that used to be the USSR know that

ReputationRep:
    No - the US trained and helped him through the CIA - they didnt "send" him there - he was going already

ReputationRep:
    No - the US trained and helped him through the CIA - they didnt "send" him there - he was going already
    debatable, the US encouraged a Jihad against the soviets

ReputationRep:

Aright and for what reason was he going there?
    because the US sent him there i mean its not like he said "oh lets go to Afganistan to fight the russains" it was the US who A sighned him to go there

ReputationRep:
    Aright and for what reason was he going there?
    because the US sent him there i mean its not like he said "oh lets go to Afganistan to fight the russains" it was the US who A sighned him to go there

That is a ridiculous interpretation - the REASON he was willing to go there was the same reason he is fighting the US - "Non muslims invading a Muslim country".... The US and he had similar aims.... The US did not CONTROL him - he was not their stooge - they did not "assign" him to Afghanistan

ReputationRep:
    That is a ridiculous interpretation - the REASON he was willing to go there was the same reason he is fighting the US - "Non muslims invading a Muslim country".... The US and he had similar aims.... The US did not CONTROL him - he was not their stooge - they did not "assign" him to Afghanistan
    But they did actively encourage him - ok he wasnt a stooge but he was a tool of their policy since they achievely encouraged jihad and gave weapons, financed ect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    But they did actively encourage him - ok he wasnt a stooge but he was a tool of their policy since they achievely encouraged jihad and gave weapons, financed ect.
    Well on that basis they were a tool of his policy too ... so yeah I guess...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.