What has been the biggest shock in football in your lifetime? Watch

ftr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
For me it would probably be Greece winning Euro 2004.
Simes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Warrington winning last Friday.
tengentoppa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The summer of 2004, with Porto winning the UCL and Greece winning the euros, was pretty shocking.

The Figo and Sol Campbell transfers were pretty shocking.

Muamba collapsing was pretty shocking.
Petapol
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Island without received goal
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
APOEL of Cyprus topping a Champions League group ahead of Zenit, Shakhtar and Porto
Mackay
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In terms of me supporting Liverpool, it would be Barnsley beating us at home in the FA Cup a few years back under Benitez.

Northampton beating us on penalties was a shock too, of course, but we had a weakened side and it was during Hodgson's catastrophic tenure.
°_°
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has to be liverpool's champions league win in 2005... Best champions league game ever

Posted from TSR Mobile
Adam171014
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Chelsea coming back from losing the first leg of CL to Napoli 3-1 then winning 4-1 at home to overturn the deficit.

Chelsea 2-0 down with John Terry sent off and Cahill off injured, Ramires scoring the goal of the tournament then Chelsea defending the Barcelona barrage for 55 minutes with Bosingwa playing CB, Ramires playing RB and Cech making miraculous saves to top it all off and send us to the final.

And the final itself, Bayern Munich... 20+ shots... 20+ corners...Muller scoring then King Didier "the big man for the big ocassion" smashing in a bullet of an header to equalize. If that wasn't enough, Didier then brought down Ribery in the box and the ex-Chelsea winger Robben's penalty was saved once again by the mighty Cech. And finally, the penalty shoot-out in itself was written in the stars with Drogba winning the holy grail for Chelsea which was supposedly his final kick in a Chelsea shirt.

There was something magical about the entire CL tournament. It was destiny that made the likes of Bayern and Barcelona, Robben and Messi miss chance after chance. That for sure is one of the biggest CL shocks ever.
Chelsea were founded on 1905 and won the CL 19th of May
sevchenko
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Losing 8-2 to United I guess, how could the almighty Arsenal lose in this manner? I didn't even watch the game. I still to this day haven't even seen the highlights. I saw the result and felt sick, I really couldn't believe it. I felt extreme disappointment and embarrassment at the time, just thinking about the result still pains me today, I try not to think about it.

How I felt after the result probably highlighted how consumed I was with Arsenal and football in general. Supporting Arsenal meant absolutely everything to me, I quickly realised all I ever talked about at school was football, I tried to focus on talking about other stuff and realised could barely hold a decent conversation if it didn't involve football.
Olie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Seeing my team have 3 men sent off in one match last Saturday is probably up there.
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Where to even begin with Manchester United

Signing Van Persie and Falcao came completely out of the blue
Getting embarassed by MK Dons
Finishing 7th place the year after winning the league
Losing 5-3 to Leicester having been 3-1 up and in complete control of the match
Scoring 2 goals in 2 minutes to beat Bayern Munich and win the Champions League
Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement. We all knew it was coming but the timing was a complete shock
Paul Scholes signing for us... again
City 6-1
Drawing at home to Burton Albion and Exeter City
Cule_1899
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This thread is 4 yrs old but what the hell. World Cup 2014 Semi-Final. Brazil 1-7 Germany. I knew Brazil were under performing but damn no one saw that coming. Also, Leicester winning the PL was a once in a life-time moment.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Leicester winning the EPL in 2016, Chelsea finished 10th in the EPL (just cannot believe that a top class team came 10th), and (maybe) Getafe qualified for the CL
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (203)
22.51%
The paper was reasonable (408)
45.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (169)
18.74%
It was TERRIBLE (122)
13.53%

Watched Threads