Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    New thread for anyone studying OCR A2 Economics - Transport Economics for the exam in June 2015.

Discuss, ask questions, share opinions/analysis/information and predicted questions about exam here.

P.s.
    Thread for OCR A2 Economics - The Global Economy for June 2015 is here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2861815

ReputationRep:
    If anyone needs any help with this module then give me a shout (I got 100 in June).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coombsy)
    If anyone needs any help with this module then give me a shout (I got 100 in June).
    Well done! What resources or notes did you use to help you revise I'm aiming to get in the 90s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edumcater)
    Well done! What resources or notes did you use to help you revise I'm aiming to get in the 90s
    Ha thanks.

The only textbook I used was the OCR A2 Economics Textbook (http://www.amazon.co.uk/OCR-A2-Econo...evel+economics).

But being honest the mark schemes and examiners reports are the best resources - particularly helpful for evaluative points in 'discuss' questions and conclusions to the questions in Section B.

Make good notes from the textbook, know what the Examiners are looking for and getting 90+ is very achieveable.

I would say it's easier to get the marks in this paper than Global as if you put in the time to know the material in Transport you are much more likely do well as opposed to the more unpredictable Global paper. Bear in mind this is only what I think though.

Hope that helps and good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coombsy)
    Ha thanks.

The only textbook I used was the OCR A2 Economics Textbook (http://www.amazon.co.uk/OCR-A2-Econo...evel+economics).

But being honest the mark schemes and examiners reports are the best resources - particularly helpful for evaluative points in 'discuss' questions and conclusions to the questions in Section B.

Make good notes from the textbook, know what the Examiners are looking for and getting 90+ is very achieveable.

I would say it's easier to get the marks in this paper than Global as if you put in the time to know the material in Transport you are much more likely do well as opposed to the more unpredictable Global paper. Bear in mind this is only what I think though.

Hope that helps and good luck.
    In your opinion, how hard is global compared to Transport?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level sufferer)
    In your opinion, how hard is global compared to Transport?
    Personally I think it's quite a bit harder. With Transport you can learn the concepts and just repeat them in the exam where the case study is quite irrelevant. Global has harder concepts (in my opinion) and a harder structure to the exam - I found the 10 mark questions the hardest type of question across both exams. Also, as the exam is purely case study based it is naturally harder to prepare for Global than it is for Transport.

Again this is only my view - I'm sure other people would think differently.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

The specification tells us we need to know the influences on firms revenues within the transport industries.- is this basically asking us for the determinants of demand but applied to transport?

Also has anyone got any tips on how to revise for this exam because theres quite alot of content and i'm having hard time organising what to revise first
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelle1)
    Hey everyone,

The specification tells us we need to know the influences on firms revenues within the transport industries.- is this basically asking us for the determinants of demand but applied to transport?

Also has anyone got any tips on how to revise for this exam because theres quite alot of content and i'm having hard time organising what to revise first
    thanks
    How have you finished Global already 😐😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level sufferer)
    How have you finished Global already ����������

University open days

1. University of Bradford
      University-wide Postgraduate
      Wed, 25 Jul '18
    2. University of Buckingham
      Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
      Wed, 25 Jul '18
    3. Bournemouth University
      Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
      Wed, 1 Aug '18
    Poll
    How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.