The Student Room Group

OCR F584 June 2015 Transport Economics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by PurpleMash
AS is much easier than A2, you can practically learn the past paper markschemes and put them in your exam answers where appropriate. The markschemes for any Economics unit are the best.

Okay, thank you!
Yes, I try to use everything from the mark schemes. Though with transport essays it's harder..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J2JW
Okay, thank you!
Yes, I try to use everything from the mark schemes. Though with transport essays it's harder..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am retaking both AS units

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how much we need to know about the Eddington report, please?
Reply 23
Does anyone know how much we need to know about the Eddington report, please?

What's that haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lam12
What's that haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh it comes under the sustainable topic of transport in the book :/ do you think we need to learn it?
Reply 25
Oh it comes under the sustainable topic of transport in the book :/ do you think we need to learn it?

I have never heard it haha I'll look it up, I've never had to mention it in past papers I've done though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lam12
I have never heard it haha I'll look it up, I've never had to mention it in past papers I've done though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same, I'll just leave it out for the moment then
Can anyone define external costs and benefits for me please? I've come up with "External costs and benefits are spillover effects on the third parties that are not taken into consideration by the producer and consumer in the private transaction". Is that alright?
(edited 9 years ago)
Can anyone define external costs and benefits for me please? I've come up with "External costs and benefits are spillover effects on the third parties that are not taken into consideration by the producer and consumer in the private transaction". Is that alright?

External costs are costs that are not paid by the producer or consumer in a particular activity which affects the third party.
That's how i'd phrase it..
Its pretty much the same as yours
Original post by lionelmessi19
External costs are costs that are not paid by the producer or consumer in a particular activity which affects the third party.
That's how i'd phrase it..
Its pretty much the same as yours

Okay great, thanks a lot!
Is national road pricing the same as electronic road pricing (ERP) ? The Jan 2013 paper has a 20 marker on national road pricing and when I checked the markscheme for it, it's basically just analysing ERP.
Is national road pricing the same as electronic road pricing (ERP) ? The Jan 2013 paper has a 20 marker on national road pricing and when I checked the markscheme for it, it's basically just analysing ERP.

As far as I know, ERP is an example of national road pricing.. Have a look at page 170 of the OCR textbook. That is why they analyse ERP, because that is used on road travel
As far as I know, ERP is an example of national road pricing.. Have a look at page 170 of the OCR textbook. That is why they analyse ERP, because that is used on road travel

Thanks for that - so if they asked on national road pricing, we basically just analyse ERP cos it's a form of national road pricing? I would have thought you also are supposed to discuss the other forms of road pricing but the markscheme just had ERP.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks for that - so if they asked on national road pricing, we basically just analyse ERP cos it's a form of national road pricing? I would have thought you also are supposed to discuss the other forms of road pricing but the markscheme just had ERP.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's right.. Has this type of question come up before (other than jan13)?
What other forms of road pricing are there?
Yes, I'm pretty sure that's right.. Has this type of question come up before (other than jan13)?
What other forms of road pricing are there?

Thanks, and no, it hasn't come up other than that year. Forms of road pricing other than ERP are road user charging, congestion charging and toll roads as far as I know.
Thanks, and no, it hasn't come up other than that year. Forms of road pricing other than ERP are road user charging, congestion charging and toll roads as far as I know.

Oh yeah! True,, thanks for that.. Shows that I need to do some transport revision..
There is a small point in the mark scheme that says you can discuss other policies though
By the way does anyone want to see a video on globalization and its effects on different types of economies?? just give me a shout
I think you posted in the wrong thread
I think you posted in the wrong thread

I'm sure he's trying to advertise the video on other threads.. He's already posted it onto the global economy one
I'm sure he's trying to advertise the video on other threads.. He's already posted it onto the global economy one

Oh okay, that's true.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending