The Student Room Group

Help with Film Production course

I'm currently deciding whether or not to do Film Production at uni. Can anyone whose done it tell me whether its worth it or not? Thanks
Hey, just giving this thread a bump. :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:
If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university!
Reply 2
Well I just left my film production course after one month..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by MaisieY
Well I just left my film production course after one month..

Posted from TSR Mobile
what didn't you like about it?
Reply 4
It's not that I didn't like it. I soon realised that film is a hobby and not a full time career. I always thought film is what I would do for my job, but being in London the reality hits that I'll never make any money and its a really tough place. I'm going to do geography instead because I'll always be in a job and have money, but that doesn't mean I don't like film, I still love film and make my own films and if that ever got me anywhere in the industry then that's great, but it's just a hobby and not the full time career that I need if I want to have a stable future financially. Also I went to the university of west London which is such a terrible uni.

This doesn't mean you shouldn't do film. This is just my opinion because I'd rather have a stable job than living life on the edge as a film maker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by MaisieY
It's not that I didn't like it. I soon realised that film is a hobby and not a full time career. I always thought film is what I would do for my job, but being in London the reality hits that I'll never make any money and its a really tough place. I'm going to do geography instead because I'll always be in a job and have money, but that doesn't mean I don't like film, I still love film and make my own films and if that ever got me anywhere in the industry then that's great, but it's just a hobby and not the full time career that I need if I want to have a stable future financially. Also I went to the university of west London which is such a terrible uni.

This doesn't mean you shouldn't do film. This is just my opinion because I'd rather have a stable job than living life on the edge as a film maker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
that's really helpful actually, because I'm not entirely sure if I want to do film as a career. Also, I'm actually applying for Geography as well lol, which I hope will keep my career choices more open
Reply 6
Well there you go, I mean you've got to experience these things for yourself like I did, but I'd been told so many times by film professionals not to go to uni and I guess it would have been easier to just go with what they said, but at the same time at least I got to get it off my chest and experience film at uni to see it wasn't right for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hello there,

I am an interior design student and Im looking into creating a place to aid people in their film careers and encourage young people into the film industry. I would love to hear more about your views as to why you didn't pursue a career in film, what influenced you and maybe what advice you were given by schools/ families

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending