The Student Room Group

AQA Business Research Theme- UK Manufacturing- June 2015 (BUSS4)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bedeuk8
Sounds like a good point to be fair, I've decided to give your question a go but I'm struggling with developing strong against paragraphs :/

yeah its difficult, i was given a list of every possible question for each of the bullets so just trying to plan them for revision.
Its a tough question because i assume that globalisation would change pretty much any manufacturers strategy
Reply 381
I'm ok with case studies for both section A and B but I'm struggling as to what applicable business theories I need to know for my application and analysis e.g Ansoffs/Porters 5 Forces/Lewins Force Field Analysis. Could anyone suggest what I need?

Please can someone help because I'm ****ing panicing right now
Reply 382
Do you have to do 2 points for and 2 points against?
Original post by S345k
Yeah that as well, If ethics doesn't come up in section B ill be mad, too much unethical business practise for it not to be in the paper.

Culture is my weak point to be honest, do you have any plans or anything for a culture question?
just thought id share this, a good case study for governemnt policy that is really up to date:smile:

https://www.gov.uk/government/case-studies/success-story-diamond-coated-saws-offer-cutting-edge-in-global-market
Original post by S345k
I just got a vision, I feel like there will be a question on locations and it will be "will the trend of re-shoring continue?"

Is the answer to this question basically opportunities and threats of UK manufacturing?? opportunities for, threats against.
Does any one have any Part (b) notes - Im really confused atm
Thanks
Reply 387
Original post by bedeuk8
Is the answer to this question basically opportunities and threats of UK manufacturing?? opportunities for, threats against.

You would talk about re-shoring more and the factors that affect location
What do we have to know about the section b point in European business
Reply 389
does anyone have any essay answers for the bullet point 'the factors affecting UK location decisions by manufacturing businesses'? or just some analysed answers for a question based around it with business examples
What does off shoring and re shoring mean ?
I have A grade answers for section B , if anyone wants pics of them I will give it in return for help /essays/any points of section A . I have 10 essays on sec B
Please god, let Globalisation and European Union be on the exam, and I'll do anything... I mean, anything.
Hey guys, any idea of how many case studies we should learn for this exam? And any examples of businesses I should definitely know?

Also just thought I'd mention that my teacher keeps going on about retrenchment and thinks it will probably come up.

And other than business case studies do I need to learn anything else? (Other than the unit 4 content of course)
Reply 394
what exactly does european business entail?
Original post by andizoo
Essay structure:
Introduction
Argument 1
Argument 2
Counter Argument 1
Counter Argument 2
Concluding paragraph

Each essay should be about 3 sides depending on how large your handwriting is and the suggested timing for this exam (2 x essays) is total time allowed 105 mins so 5 mins to read mini case study in Sect A, pick your essay, 10 mins to plan and 40 mins to write it and for Sect B select essay and then 10 mins to plan and 40 mins to write.

Hope this is useful for you and good luck....you still have a week to prepare so you'll be fine :smile:

IntroductionArgument 1Argument 2Counter Argument 1 (Every counter argument comes under contrast)
Concluding paragraph

(Don't waste your time adding an additional point. If you do everything write you are able to reap the rewards in one paragraph (Application + Analysis) and one conclusion (Evaluation)
Original post by Briana8
I'm doing automotive as well as pharmaceutical.. its quite a good industry for research especially for Tech and R&D .... GSK and Astrazenica are the two pharmaceutical companies im doing ..you can check tutor2u , theyve got good notes to consider for research on each topic for BUSS 4 section A and B

Hope this helps :smile:

Why are people using GSK for in section A? Is it important to use a pharmaceutical company???????

Help!
Reply 397
I'd really appreciate the section B essays
Reply 398
Original post by stressedbrownboy
I have A grade answers for section B , if anyone wants pics of them I will give it in return for help /essays/any points of section A . I have 10 essays on sec B

I'd really appreciate the section B essays
Reply 399
Original post by Josh_MG
It's almost guaranteed that a question will come up on how different factors have lead to changes over time & how this may impact on UK manufacturing - according to the preliminary material.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What points would you use to answer this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending