The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by jockingclown
If you ever read the post in the first place as I see you have done BMS, I have clearly said if it is your passion good for you, this thread is not for you!

its for people who are stll deciding and looking at the cons and pros and the conditions of the market.so please take your @random words@ somewhere else unless you can produce hard facts as I have.

pls see attachments. i say again there are pros and cons. its not my fault you can only see the latter.

Yes I have read your post! and I wanted to know more about it because I am useless! I just wanted to see what you wanted to say yadda yadda And I really wanted to know sooo much about it!! I still not sure about what the pros and cons are either! :ssaw:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SophieSmall
No, you are purposefully just posting bad things. There are many many things you can do with a biomed degree but you seem to only be talking about the NHS and pathology. There are many more options

I have already put a few up in the previous post..please check before making judgements! and just because i like to focus on the cons only (well someone has to) , I am not doing a crime. I dont live in Iraq, I live in the UK.
I have already put a few up in the previous post..please check before making judgements! and just because i like to focus on the cons only (well someone has to) , I am not doing a crime. I dont live in Iraq, I live in the UK.

what has that got to do with anything?
Original post by Mary562
Yes I have read your post! and I wanted to know more about it because I am useless! I just wanted to see what you want to say yadda yadda And I really wanted to know sooo much about it!! I stil not sure about what the pros and cons are either!

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink

I can lay out the tracks and post info, i cant think for you. you have to do your own research! God! dont you read the posts. i said dont take my word for it. use this in the pros and cons and do your research as well and make your own mind up!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 84
Completely depends what you want to do with your degree.

I'm taking Biomedical Sciences at uni, and I'm quite happy with my job prospects, the statistics of graduates from my uni being employed after 6 months of graduating is higher than I had expected.

Your uni sounds good for biomed. What university do you go to?
Original post by Nina77
Your uni sounds good for biomed. What university do you go to?

I go to John moores, it's not a red brick uni, it's not even a particularly high ranked uni but the course is good, job prospects are good and the statistics of graduated students going on to work for companies like glaxosmithkline and cancer research are really quite good.
Reply 86
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink

I can lay out the tracks and post info, i cant think for you. you have to do your own research! God! dont you read the posts. i said dont take my word for it. use this in the pros and cons and do your research as well and make your own mind up!

Haha If you really were clever enough, you should have realised that I was being SARCASTIC!
Lol I have done enough research on this degree, that is why I don't agree with you! :h:

The end justifies the means
Original post by Mary562
Haha If you really were clever enough, you should have realised that I was being SARCASTIC!
Lol I have done enough research on this degree, that is why I don't agree with you! :h:

The end justifies the means

oh sorry i m not as clever as a BMS! hope thats sarcasm for you!

if ends justify your means..good for you!
Reply 88
oh sorry i m not as clever as a BMS! hope thats sarcasm for you!

if ends justify your means..good for you!

Oh well thank you !! Yep it sure is :excited:
It's basically for med school rejects trying to get into medicine again through the backdoor; it encompasses a watered down version of a medical degree with a constant, bitter reminder that one should have got into medicine into the first place.
Original post by solarplexus
It's basically for med school rejects trying to get into medicine again through the backdoor; it encompasses a watered down version of a medical degree with a constant, bitter reminder that one should have got into medicine into the first place.

so true........very much watered down. yes.
so true........very much watered down. yes.

ye budi
Reply 92
I go to John moores, it's not a red brick uni, it's not even a particularly high ranked uni but the course is good, job prospects are good and the statistics of graduated students going on to work for companies like glaxosmithkline and cancer research are really quite good.

That's really good. Does your uni really help with applications to companies like GSK? Also, do the graduates usually go to a science related job afterwards? Sorry for the questions
Reply 93

You should be saying this very much to yourself because you did so well but got rejected!
Ah oh :closedeyes:
Original post by Nina77
That's really good. Does your uni really help with applications to companies like GSK? Also, do the graduates usually go to a science related job afterwards? Sorry for the questions

Of those that go into work yes a larger number go into science related jobs, others go into full time education to do masters and such. I have no idea if they help with applications I'm not at that stage yet :tongue:

I do biomed and have no interest in going into medicine (and never did).

This made me laugh. Not sure why the hate, if this degree leads to a dead-end then it is good news for med applicants as your competition diminishes. As a graduate of X, you should be grateful that all those biomed grads did not study X.
Original post by Mary562
You should be saying this very much to yourself because you did so well but got rejected!
Ah oh :closedeyes:

reapplicant much
Reply 98
Of those that go into work yes a larger number go into science related jobs, others go into full time education to do masters and such. I have no idea if they help with applications I'm not at that stage yet :tongue:

Ah okay. Well good luck to you for when you're at that stage :smile:
Original post by Juichiro
This made me laugh. Not sure why the hate, if this degree leads to a dead-end then it is good news for med applicants as your competition diminishes. As a graduate of X, you should be grateful that all those biomed grads did not study X.

true but i think the point made was that one degree becomes the reject bed for the other degree...

this is from the wiki page of BMS

In the UK specifically, prospective undergraduate students wishing to undertake a BSc in biomedical sciences are required to apply via the UCAS application system (usually during the final year of college or sixth form secondary school). Although many students are genuinely interested in pursuing this degree, a small proportion of places offered on biomedical science courses around the country are made available to those applicants who are unsuccessful in applying for Medicine. As a result, those who are unable to gain admittance into undergraduate medicine courses often re-apply as postgraduates upon completion of their three year BSc degree.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending