Feel really alone at university... Anyone else feel the same?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I feel very lonely at university. I've joined societies and I feel I'm doing all I can. It feels like everyone else around me has made friends and everyone has their own friendship groups already.

I just don't know what to do any more. I speak to new people but nothing ever seems to go anywhere.

Anyone else in the situation or been in the same situation?
Jimbojambo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm am in exactly the same situation. I've tried hard to make friends joined clubs/societies but everyone has made their groups and I am so lonely. I don't know what to do because it's making me really unhappy.
Anyone at Warwick also feel this way? We could be best buddies!
euphorie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I feel very lonely at university. I've joined societies and I feel I'm doing all I can. It feels like everyone else around me has made friends and everyone has their own friendship groups already.

I just don't know what to do any more. I speak to new people but nothing ever seems to go anywhere.

Anyone else in the situation or been in the same situation?
Hey there, I am in the same situation as well. I have joined a lot of societies and I am also campaigning and stuff. I tried really hard to make friends but people I meet they all have their own groups already.

But I am guessing (hoping) this cannot stay like this forever, so it should all be well soon, no worries!

Which university do you attend, if I may ask?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads