Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessb)
    There's no right or wrong to it. Some people just don't see it as an issue, it's just about as important as a quick snog to them. One of the Rolling Stones slept with over 1000 women! Others think its special and prefer to wait. Both views are acceptable, its down to the individual and how they interpret sex.
    Hey Ron Jeremy did much better than that: over 4000. I saw him on a reality show when I was in the US.
    Apparently he did a conference at the University of Maryland and hundreds of students attended. The funny thing is that in that reality show he was by far the smartest person.
    Shows that having weird sexual habits doesn't mean you're thick/smart or whatver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessb)
    There's no right or wrong to it. Some people just don't see it as an issue, it's just about as important as a quick snog to them. One of the Rolling Stones slept with over 1000 women! Others think its special and prefer to wait. Both views are acceptable, its down to the individual and how they interpret sex.
    What's funny is the way you point out that sex can be given such a different value by certain people and that this is completely influenced by the media, your upbringing and of course your personality.
    When I was in the US, I noticed that a lot of sexual habits weren't seen the same way by them and by Europeans. For Americans, it was just a little more than a kiss, whereas in Europe, it's a big deal (for a lot of people).

ReputationRep:
    The society I live in is really conservative and even public display of affection is frowned upon. I believe that stuff like this is a personal thing. I'm not actually against premarital sex, but I think that many people do things without thinking careful about their implications. Also, it's just annoying when you hear 14 year olds trying to 'grow up' but get it all wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate_Lover)
    nowadays it seems that all i hear about now in college is who slept with who people seem 2 boast about it when personally im a virgin and proud of it. dont get me wrong i aint like a frigid person i just want to wait for sum1 special
    does anyone else have strong opinions on this?
    how old were u?
    are u a virgin still?
    I know girls who are 14-15 and have had sex more times than I've had hot dinners. I've still not suffered loss of V because when it comes down to it, I'm shooper shy. Two girls basically told me they wanted me (at the same time, same room) and I ran upstairs to bed (well said 'right, I'm tired...'). That would have been a nice way to lose my V (nice girls too). There've been other times too but that's probably the most regrettable as I seriously doubt it will ever happen again

Anyway, I think girls shouldn't be losing their virginity young (as seems to be the case, 2 mates of mine (are both 18) are now fathers of children with a 16 yo gf. If girls actually knew what they were getting into I bet they'd think twice. Of course, lads should calm down too. A mate of mine will have sex with ANY woman (even two 40yos as I and a mate have witnessed - not in the act but seen the set up) and not give up until he gets it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucykins)
    I was 17...one month from being 18..i waited for the right guy and i think it was the right thing to do for me...if people want to sleep around fair do's, but i object to those who have to tell you EVERYTHING they've done. i reckon they do it for attention....

You stay a virgin hun! tis good to stand up to these people and not get influenced
    I have a lot of respect for people like u.

ReputationRep:
    I'd sleep around if I could...but everybody where I live....

eugh

ReputationRep:
    nowadays it seems that all i hear about now in college is who slept with who people seem 2 boast about it when personally im a virgin and proud of it. dont get me wrong i aint like a frigid person i just want to wait for sum1 special
    how old were u?
    are u a virgin still?
    i was 15 and a half...i don't regret it, but now i kinda think, hmm maybe it would have been nice to wait. but then i don't dwell on that, i'm with someone else now and i love him very much, and sex is an important part of our relationship, but we both agree we don't discuss it with anybody, best friends included. (though our best friends are going out with each other!) -it's between you two what you do, nobody else. i do think you should wait until it's someone you trust and you know you're not going to get hurt though.

ReputationRep:
    Everyones got a bit of a negative opinion on people who 'sleep around' its not such a big deal, if two people want to have sex and they do it responsibly and they're both comfortable with it then I dont see the problem, ive slept with 4 girls that i didnt know (one night stands) and three of them were really good fun and there was no damage done - i dont see the problem, i can see how people dont like hearing all the details but i dont think many people actually go around shouting about it, blokes are always gona have a laugh about stuff like this but whats the problem with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    I'd sleep around if I could...but everybody where I live....

eugh
    I'd sleep around if everybody around me looked like you

ReputationRep:
    Waiting isn't always the solution. You can wait for ages, hoping that the right one will come along and in the end, wind up doing it with someone you don't care that much about, just to get it over with. Not trying to convince anyone but just talking from experience. You can wait for the right one. But the right one might never show up...

ReputationRep:
    Hey, haven't been really following the conversation so I might have missed something but do any of you wait till marriage?

ReputationRep:
    Also, why do they call it "sleeping with " when they don't actually sleep during it......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~independent~)
    Also, why do they call it "sleeping with " when they don't actually sleep during it......
    But you do sleep afterwards and therefore you are 'sleeping around' (not in your own bed) and besides its quite a user friendly saying - it doesnt sound too offensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~independent~)
    Hey, haven't been really following the conversation so I might have missed something but do any of you wait till marriage?
    i don't think that you should necessarily wait until marriage, but it should be within a loving relationship- long term relationship, when you really love each other...if you could see yourself married to your other half.....
    me and my bf waited 2.5years...it was the first time for both of us...and we are planning to get married but not for a few years yet cos of uni etc...
    I think it should be a special experience saved for someone really and truly special...

ps we have been together for 4.5years so far!!

ReputationRep:
    how old were u?
    are u a virgin still?
    Lots of respect to you for this

ReputationRep:
    I waited until I was ready, I went out with my boyfriend for 9 months before we did, I was 16, hence no i'm not a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a virgin and I'm waiting till marriage

ReputationRep:
    its not the sex that bothers me at all. i think its a gd thing. but its the very slight chance that the protection fails u. my friend got pregnant the 1st time they had sex and they r now parents at 19 with a 3 yr old son.

ReputationRep:
    yeah the whole protection issue is a bit of a 'mare to be honest. I've only had one "OMG" moment and it was a very scary two weeks indeed - it made me realise just how young (mentally and physically) i was. On the positive side i'm sure being a parent isn't the worst thing that can happen, it would just mean that you would have to rearrange some life plans. For me, if it happens it happens but i don't go out of my way to put myself at risk. The other night (and it twas a rare occasion) my bf and i were settling to sleep (don't get to sleep together much *sniff*) and he started talking about our kids (future ones) and he just said that honestly there would be nothing better than to settle down with kids now but he realised Uni had to feature but if anything happened he would be delighted to be a dad. Then he turned over and withing 5mins was snoring like a warthog..romantic eh? :P so as long as you know what you're letting yourself in for and are prepared to accept the consequences go forth and enjoy. there are some people who want to be parents now (like a guy i work with) as they reckon they'll be able to start living again in their late 30's when they kiddywinkles are all growed up and others, like me, who think, sod it i'm going to do all the stuff i want to do now while a) danger isn't an issue as i don't have kids and b) while my knees hold out and stretch marks are absent :P LOL sorry bout the length of this, i'm shattered and talking rubbish and tbh don't really know what i was trying to say...nn xx

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.