The Student Room Group

I am being blackmailed.

Me and my ex broke up before I went to university, and have been arguing quite a lot over the phone and text. I told him that I had been seeing other people and had a very drunken one night stand, I only said this so he would not contact me and so he would finally understand that I didn't want to get back together. He was threatening to text my parents what I have done if I did not meet up with him.

So, I went home this weekend and it turns out that he text my dad telling him that I've been sleeping around. My parents are really pissed with me and I am extremely embarrassed. I just don't know what to do about this situation. :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
He sounds like a nasty piece of work to do this. Just cut him out and get on with your life. I guess break ups often have some unpleasantness and Im sure your parents support you more than him.
Reply 2
Tell him to piss off. Tell your parents to stop being so very judgemental.
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my ex broke up before I went to university, and have been arguing quite a lot over the phone and text. I told him that I had been seeing other people and had a very drunken one night stand, I only said this so he would not contact me and so he would finally understand that I didn't want to get back together. He was threatening to text my parents what I have done if I did not meet up with him.

So, I went home this weekend and it turns out that he text my dad telling him that I've been sleeping around. My parents are really pissed with me and I am extremely embarrassed. I just don't know what to do about this situation. :frown:

Why didn't you just say "that's rubbish, just ignore him, he's upset I broke up with him so he's making stuff up to get back at me"? Why would they believe him over you?
Reply 4
I am more embarrassed than anything and I am scared about what he will do next.
Reply 5
Original post by Mankytoes
Why didn't you just say "that's rubbish, just ignore him, he's upset I broke up with him so he's making stuff up to get back at me"? Why would they believe him over you?

I did actually say this but they think that it's true and he doesn't seem like the type to make things up
Tell the dickhead to leave you alone.

Tell your parents it's embarrassing they believe a stranger over their own daughter.
Ouch.

That's horrible, but surely you've told your parents the real story?
I did actually say this but they think that it's true and he doesn't seem like the type to make things up

Kinda twattish of them to say that. I mean whatever the situation, he's being extremely vindictive, if I was the parent I'd have told him to **** off.
Reply 9
I have never felt so depressed in my life.
Original post by R Dragon
Ouch.

That's horrible, but surely you've told your parents the real story?

They think he's being vindictive but I completely denied the one night stand and they do not believe this.

He is such a prick! You need to cut him out of your life. Send him one long text explaining how wrong he is, and that you want no more contact with him. Ignore him from then on, he's just trying to get your attention. Explain to your parents the situation- they're your parents for gods sake, they should understand. Don't let him blackmail you, because then he'll just get worse.
If he carries on tell him you'll have the police involve.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Lady,

Don't be down. There are people out there making really rubbish decisions which badly impact others - you had sex with someone - no shame, just always be safe. Don't be embarrassed, it's your body, no one is allowed to make judgements.

As for your ex - he's a tool. And my advice is speak with your parents frankly and honestly about how the situation is making you feel. They just want to protect you, and if they respect you as an adult they will listen to you and be on your side. Let them know that them being on his side is hurtful and unkind.

Stand up for yourself.
Reply 14
You had sex with one person? That's hardly sleeping around.
Its your fault for lying to him lol. Hes obviously upset with what you told him, and its clearly upset him. You cant blame him for your lies?????
Serves you right tbh. Truth hurts. Live with it
Original post by donutaud15
If he carries on tell him you'll have the police involve.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that's a bit much and a waste of the police's time. This is a domestic issue and should be dealt with via the parties involved~

They think he's being vindictive but I completely denied the one night stand and they do not believe this.

It's a sad feelings when your own parents don't believe you...

I think everyone should just sit together and draw out the facts
Original post by Professor Purple
Its your fault for lying to him lol. Hes obviously upset with what you told him, and its clearly upset him. You cant blame him for your lies?????

I don't think this gives someone the right to tell my parents!
Surely the blackmail is over now? He told your parents, what else can he do? Not a great idea to lie though, why kick him when he's down about breaking up already :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending