The Student Room Group

Someone Explain HS2 Project?

Its for my Economics and I'm really confused as the teacher didnt tell us anything about it!
Can someone summarise it please!
Thanks!
Reply 1
Badump bumpppity bumpp
Reply 2
Reply 3
Original post by notevensoph
Badump bumpppity bumpp

Bloody hell, girl, give us a chance. You want your homework done for you, then complain it takes more than 5 minutes? Jeez!
Look online.

Failure to do so, this corrupt and ill-minded government want to spend a sickening amount of money and dig up the countryside, to speed up rail transport between London and Manchester (?) by 20ish minutes. Stupid idea.
Original post by Simes
Bloody hell, girl, give us a chance. You want your homework done for you, then complain it takes more than 5 minutes? Jeez!

AMEN!
It's a high speed rail link intended to provide better transport links to the North and boost the economy there.

Supporters say it's a great way to grow the economies of Northern cities due to better transport links and increased rail capacity.
Others argue that it primarily benefits London because Northern cities would basically become part of London's commuter belt, and business is drawn to London from the North rather than the other way round.

Personally I strongly oppose HS2 because of the environmental damage it will do. Hundreds of valuable sites will be destroyed by it, including ancient woodlands, SSSIs and wetlands among others. I do not think that any economic benefits could justify that sort of environmental damage, and the money could be spent on much less damaging projects that bring the same economic benefits HS2 will supposedly bring.

But that's just me, try to look at it from both sides.
Reply 7

Okay thanks, I wasn't really to sure of what exactly we were supposed to look at but this is really helpful!
haha sorry for being desperate.
Reply 8
Original post by notevensoph
Its for my Economics and I'm really confused as the teacher didnt tell us anything about it!
Can someone summarise it please!
Thanks!

Do you not watch or listen to the news at all? Are you familiar with the term 'Google it'?
They're going to build a train line to make it a tiny bit faster to get up North and it's going to ruin the countryside. And it's ridiculously expensive and a massive waste of time and money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Edminzodo
They're going to build a train line to make it a tiny bit faster to get up North to commute from the North to London so London companies don't have to pay their staff London salaries.
ftfy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending