Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    My cheapest night out in the last 2 years - £30
    My most expensive - £170
    Average - £70-£80
    Where the hell do you get the money from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    My most expensive - £170
    Average - £70-£80
    how do you afford that?!! and just how does it cost you that much? how often do you do that?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    how do you afford that?!! and just how does it cost you that much? how often do you do that?

lou xxx
    I have no idea how I afford that.
    I do it about once a week, except i've kinda given up as i'm skint and exams are looming.
    It costs me that much because I'm insane and I only drink expensive drinks :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    how much does a night out cost you lot? i seriously only budget £20 for a night and that includes my taxi, in reality a night often only costs £10 because i know the girl on the door of the club i go to that does rock night and i often get a lift home with the girl's bf (my bfs best mate) cos he always picks her up at 2.30.

lou xxx
    On Friday it cost me £30 including bus in and back - we buy a ticket from the machine first thing so it costs £1 to get home, and we don't have to think about saving change for later. Reading is so damn expensive...especially Yates' which is where we spent all night bar one drink. However here, with student prices here I can have a decent night out on £15, and even £10 if I'm really stretched. I was quite annoyed at spending that much though (doubles were nearly £5!!!), I would've rather stayed in the first place we went to for longer (a really good scream bar where I have a yellow card so get cheap drinks even cheaper ), but never mind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    My most expensive - £170
    Average - £70-£80
    Actually, I lie. I did have 1 night last term and it only cost me £20 that was double vodka redbull for 99p night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    On Friday it cost me £30 including bus in and back - we buy a ticket from the machine first thing so it costs £1 to get home, and we don't have to think about saving change for later. Reading is so damn expensive...especially Yates' which is where we spent all night bar one drink. However here, with student prices here I can have a decent night out on £15, and even £10 if I'm really stretched. I was quite annoyed at spending that much though (doubles were nearly £5!!!), I would've rather stayed in the first place we went to for longer (a really good scream bar where I have a yellow card so get cheap drinks even cheaper ), but never mind!
    our yates's is reasonably priced. and we have to go there cos the guy who gives us a lift works there and he gets sulky if we don't go and see him (and we sometimes get free drinks, even though he isn't even meant to talk to friends). i guess being up north does make a difference. i got a mixer and spirit for £1.60 in a pub last week and doubles were £2, but it was a really grotty place. in most places spirits and mixers are about £2.20 and some places automatically do doubles.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Even when I go drinking cocktails I don't spend more than £20!!! How is £70 possible?! You're a student!!!

ReputationRep:
    Even when I go drinking cocktails I don't spend more than £20!!! How is £70 possible?! You're a student!!!
    I KNOW! I don't go out that often though but when I do i do!!!!
    Last time I went out I was drinking double archers and lemonade at £6.50 a go.

ReputationRep:
    our yates's is reasonably priced. and we have to go there cos the guy who gives us a lift works there and he gets sulky if we don't go and see him (and we sometimes get free drinks, even though he isn't even meant to talk to friends). i guess being up north does make a difference. i got a mixer and spirit for £1.60 in a pub last week and doubles were £2, but it was a really grotty place. in most places spirits and mixers are about £2.20 and some places automatically do doubles.

lou xxx
    Well the first round we didn't even ask for doubles, the barman just did them, so we told him we weren't paying for them (so he did just a single price) but after than that we just got doubles to save the hassle of finishing drinks to quick and having to go to the bar again! In the scream bar we went in, it was £2.75 for a double spirit and mixer (without using my yellow discount card), which is a very good price for Reading. Usually thats about the price for a single...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    try somewhere cheaper! or come on a night out with me + i will show you how to drink cheaply and then i can spend your extra money on shoes (+ lets face it a matching bag as well)

i really don't know how it is possibel to spend £70 on drink.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Go out midweek, when there are student offers on!!! Its *much* cheaper!!! Your bank account/overdraft will thank you for it!!!

ReputationRep:
    try somewhere cheaper! or come on a night out with me + i will show you how to drink cheaply and then i can spend your extra money on shoes (+ lets face it a matching bag as well)

lou xxx
    I'd rather the shoes (+ bag) than drink anyday!

ReputationRep:

lou xxx
    LOL! okie doke.
    I'm just used to expensive taste I guess, and I can't get out of it. Except for the fact I now have no money so its gunna be drinks offers all the way from now on!

ReputationRep:
    me too. i would save up for shoes, i would never save up for a night out (tbh i don't need to cos i can work on a budget unlike dave)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    So would I, minus the bag + some DVD's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    So would I, minus the bag + some DVD's
    no you have to have the bag. it should be a law that all shoes should have matching bags. tsk :rolleyes:

sorry for getting at you and your spending habits, i am just suprised someone can spend that much.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    LOL! okie doke.
    I'm just used to expensive taste I guess, and I can't get out of it. Except for the fact I now have no money so its gunna be drinks offers all the way from now on!
    Drinks offers are there for students, take advantage of them!!!

ReputationRep:
    depends, for example friday night i was pretty wasted
    Saturday night i didn't drink much at all

mondays is when i normally spend the most because the drinks are cheap in chicago's

but most nights £20 - £30 is enough

ReputationRep:
    lol

bad rep for that post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Is Chicago's the same everywhere you go, i.e. cheesy music and a generally 'older' crowd?
    normally full of fat old women yes

but on mondays you get a lot of hot girls that are around my age(18) so it is good, cheap drink as well

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.