Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Hmmm...discovered a strange affection for port last night...it was the Clare Medsoc dinner and having already had a fair bit of wine, my friends and I took it on ourselves after dinner had finished to make sure that all the port carafes were empty. Then ended up at one of the other accommodation blocks, drinking tequila until some stupid hour.

Then up bright and early today to dissect male and female genitalia! :eek:
    ooh port is really nice, as is madeira.
    has anyone ever tried dessert wine?

i had all 3 in one evening last year ...a mock 18th century regency dinner that our english teacher (a real alchoholic) decided to hold for us we all got dressed up in suitably fashionable clothes of the period, and tried so many different types of wines!

ReputationRep:
    Chianti ... hmm ... yum

ReputationRep:
    i only drank half a bottle of wine on saturday, but if i'm in the right mood, this gets me really tipsy. i'd had a couple of drinks beforehand + i was on painkillers so it made me really quite tipsy and i felt dreadful on sunday. but these painkillers i'm on at the mo make me feel drunk with no help from alcohol at all... its a bit annoying.

don't ever drink wine for 13 hours... that was what i learnt on my birthday :cool:

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    ooh port is really nice, as is madeira.
    has anyone ever tried dessert wine?
    Yeah, I think I had it once. Very sticky and sweet and not too nice. Port was lovely though, lost count of number of glasses. Also had tequila later, but I really don't understand why I drink it because it's horrible!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think I had it once. Very sticky and sweet and not too nice. Port was lovely though, lost count of number of glasses. Also had tequila later, but I really don't understand why I drink it because it's horrible!
    Port is very nice. Whisky is the best drink though, mind the good stuff, not Bells and that other cheap crap you find in most pubs.

ReputationRep:
    Umm you guys dont drink beer o.o? imma BEER lover, at least 6 beers on a friday night!

ReputationRep:
    the world record in drinking clean vodka is 3 liter... it was a guy from russia who drank that much clean vodka, but after that he died... talk about WASTED! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawe)
    Umm you guys dont drink beer o.o? imma BEER lover, at least 6 beers on a friday night!
    No, beer is nasty and too much volume.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... i wonder why most girls dislikes beer, they maybe just aint got the same instincts as the man, mmm BEER

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    oh my god everyone seems to drink alot here!

i had 2 pints of blackthorn, a vodka & coke and a gin & tonic yesterday, and that (4 or 5 drinks) is probably the max i'd have in one outing. it's too expensive otherwise. compared to just buying pints of coke, alchohol seems to cost a fortune.

the advantages of being a lightweight = more money to spend on shoes, bags, FOOD...
    If I'm really going for it I'd do perpaps 4 or 5 pints followed by 6-8 shorts (typically whiskey & coke) It will flatten me and take 3 days to make a recovery.

I used to be able to drink more and have a much shorter recovery time but I'm an old fart these days.

ReputationRep:
    No, beer is nasty and too much volume.
    Definately! I never drink beer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Definately! I never drink beer.
    The good thing I like about beer is it slows me down, sometimes if im on anything else i will knock them back really quickly and before long im bladdered. Lager always seems to last a bit longer

ReputationRep:
    beer and wine are foul! (sorry but they are!) i'm a bit of a lightweight, although gradually getting accustomed to more and more alcohol. the last time i was properly drunk was about a month ago at my best friends birthday party- baileys/lambrini/wkd's :d went from hers to the after-show party for Les Mis as well, was extremely fun turning up rawther tipsy. i've only ever been stupidly pissed though was last year- was downing shots of vodka and archers (never touching that stuff again!) and martini/lemonades- 70% martini, 30% lemonade :rolleyes: .....mum picked me up, and found me later on hugging the toilet bowl.......

only ever get reeealy drunk at house/hall parties- its usually too expensive/dangerous to do it in liverpool- having said that though i can't wait till after my exams,finish on the 25th of june, going to go out and reeally live it up

max ever spent on one night? about £20 on alcohol-since then i've not got drunk or i've been driving :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawe)
    I almost always drink beer. I drink other things when it's a private drinking session or if everyone else is having something else.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.