The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Is it worth applying to law at bristol?

Hi

I want to put Bristol as my first choice for law.

My predicted A2 grades are AAA. In my AS I got BBCE (very low I know, I don't know what went wrong in all honesty).
I called the admissions office for law and they don't consider AS grades which is a relief. The woman I spoke to did say that they look at GCSE's, mine were average, 4 A's, 6B's and one C. I have heard that Bristol have contextual offers. I have been in a good state school all my life.

Is it worth me applying or not?

Another factor is that I am planning on having a gap year. I am planning on applying for 2015 entry and then deferring my application. Say if I didn't get an offer from Bristol for 2015 entry, but I got 3As at A2, could I apply in 2015 for the 2016 year and get a place?

Thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
I'd apply but in all honesty there are a lot of people who apply with many A*s at GCSE, AAAA at As etc so i wouldnt get your hopes up. You'd need to take the LNAT btw; do well in this and this could help. You're predicted grades re also important and finally, yes, you can apply for deferred entry but this will decrease your chances of getting in no matter what people say because universities are taking a bet on you being better than potential future students. If you fail this time round you can certainly reapply. Good luck.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
That's what I'm thinking, if I apply this year I probably have a slim chance of getting an offer, and I don't know how well I will do on lnat either.
So say if I didn't get an offer from Bristol, but I ended up with 3 As, could I just not apply for the 2016 entry and get a place? Since I have the required grades, and assuming my lnat score is good enough?
Remember that they won't make an offer on your grades alone - whilst they will have thresholds for GCSE and A" grades, your PS will also be considered and that will be taken into account.
Original post by jacksd
That's what I'm thinking, if I apply this year I probably have a slim chance of getting an offer, and I don't know how well I will do on lnat either.
So say if I didn't get an offer from Bristol, but I ended up with 3 As, could I just not apply for the 2016 entry and get a place? Since I have the required grades, and assuming my lnat score is good enough?

You could definitely do that, many do that every year. I'd still apply this year though to have no regrets. Good luck with whatever you do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending