EU Expasion = More competitive Britain

Watch
This discussion is closed.
sergio Delor
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
As you probably already know the EU expansion gives milllions of Eastern europeans a chance to come england without the home office on there backs and have more oppertunities. As they may come from poor backgrounds they will work extremely hard and get into top uni's. Which will then leave the lazy british lot jobless. What are your thoughts?
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sergio Delor)
As you probably already know the EU expansion gives milllions of Eastern europeans a chance to come england without the home office on there backs and have more oppertunities. As they may come from poor backgrounds they will work extremely hard and get into top uni's. Which will then leave the lazy british lot jobless. What are your thoughts?
bullcrap, they have no secondary education in the commie countries, good luck to them getting in. even if they do, all the more money for england
sergio Delor
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
bullcrap, they have no secondary education in the commie countries, good luck to them getting in. even if they do, all the more money for england
More money for england but less jobs for the people who have lived in england for a long time. There will be more competition everywhere.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But competition is wonderful.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
More money for england but less jobs for the people who have lived in england for a long time. There will be more competition everywhere.
I'm not seeing the problem...
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
bullcrap, they have no secondary education in the commie countries,
where's your evidence of that?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Entry for 2005 will be very high - EU people will be applying and fewer people will be making deferred entries to avoid top-up fees in 2006.
sergio Delor
[QUOTE=Lord Huntroyde]Entry for 2005 will be very high - EU people will be applying and fewer people will be making deferred entries to avoid top-up fees in 2006.[/QUOTE

Thats very true. How come you seem to know a lot about everything Lord Huntroyde. How old are you? Are you really a lord?
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Entry for 2005 will be very high - EU people will be applying and fewer people will be making deferred entries to avoid top-up fees in 2006.
Actually, despite these factors, they're not expecting numbers to increase that significantly.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thats very true. How come you seem to know a lot about everything Lord Huntroyde.
I know all

How old are you?
Are you really a lord?
no
sergio Delor
I know all

no

What subjects are you studying in gsce's or As levels?
operato
Report 16 years ago
money is being poured into the newly joined countries.... vast amounts...
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What subjects are you studying in gsce's or As levels?
At GCSE (for 2004):

English Language
English Literature
Maths
Dual Award Science
French
History
Latin
Geography
ICT

At AS Level (for 2005):

English Literature
French
History
Politics
sergio Delor
At GCSE (for 2004):

English Language
English Literature
Maths
Dual Award Science
French
History
Latin
Geography
ICT

At AS Level (for 2005):

English Literature
French
History
Politics
You go to a private school rite?
What du wanna do wen ur older?
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Im pretty much ok with getting more of the eastern workers in.

Mainly because people who do jobs such as decorating, plumbing, building can charge way more than they are really worth AND you can't get someone to do the work when you need it. Some builders etc are fully booked for months. I reckon there are plenty of jobs to go around.

They aren't all low skilled either, there are plenty of doctors and nurses, teachers etc that we just don't have enough of.
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hattori)
Im pretty much ok with getting more of the eastern workers in.

Mainly because people who do jobs such as decorating, plumbing, building can charge way more than they are really worth AND you can't get someone to do the work when you need it. Some builders etc are fully booked for months. I reckon there are plenty of jobs to go around.

They aren't all low skilled either, there are plenty of doctors and nurses, teachers etc that we just don't have enough of.
Eastern european construction workers? Have you seen the quality of construction in Eastern Europe/Russia. Absolute ****!

I've had the displeasure of working alongside Ukrainian bricklaying gangs many several times over the past 5 or so years. Jokers. Their work is shoddy to say the least. And that's when they can be assed to show up and perform or are even sober enough to make it to site. To be honest I'd sooner have bunch of Chimpanzees working on my home.

As for cheap? Sure. But then again, you get what you pay for.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (41)
20.3%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (48)
23.76%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (35)
17.33%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (43)
21.29%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (19)
9.41%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
7.92%

Watched Threads