Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, tis a bugger. I can see glory seekers within the city starting to Support the Rhnio's now. I'm all for the populatiry of rugby but I hate yob glory seeker, I don't have the time for such idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Not necessarily. You just need to win your last two games 18-0 and hope Man City lose both theirs.
    But if Man C lose their games 6-5 or something Leeds're still buggered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Hmm, tis a bugger. I can see glory seekers within the city starting to Support the Rhnio's now. I'm all for the populatiry of rugby but I hate yob glory seeker, I don't have the time for such idiots.
    As a long time Rhinos fan (the eternal bridesmaid team), you don't really watch Leeds Rhinos for glory.

But it is a sad day (and an incredibly bad weekend) for Leeds sport in general (well, yesterday was). I just hope they can turn it around. To be fair though, it looked like Smith, Viduka and Robinson were all going at the end of the season irrespective of whether Leeds survived, and next year would have been pretty miserable without them. At least now they can build up from the bottom again, though I hope this doesn't turn them into a feeder club for the bigger guns in the premiership, especially when looking at their financial situation.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the club being sold on to new owners over the off season anyway.

ReputationRep:
    This is a football discussion, if you want to discuss Rugby, start your own thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    As a long time Rhinos fan (the eternal bridesmaid team), you don't really watch Leeds Rhinos for glory.

But it is a sad day (and an incredibly bad weekend) for Leeds sport in general (well, yesterday was). I just hope they can turn it around. To be fair though, it looked like Smith, Viduka and Robinson were all going at the end of the season irrespective of whether Leeds survived, and next year would have been pretty miserable without them. At least now they can build up from the bottom again, though I hope this doesn't turn them into a feeder club for the bigger guns in the premiership, especially when looking at their financial situation.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the club being sold on to new owners over the off season anyway.
    Yes, I know. I think we would both agree that there is no denying that Leeds have had a bumper year this year and are playing very well...at the same time Leeds United have faultered. I cannot help but feel that there will be new fans in at Headingly, the type that 'supported' England in the world cup but couldn't even name the team. It is sad but people are dreadfully fickle.

ReputationRep:
    God, I can remember 3 years ago, against Valencia at Elland Road in the Champions League. I still keep the ticket in my wallet. Still got my Kewell 10 shirt with the champoins league football on the sleeve. Hard to believe it'll have a nationwide on next season. I think this all started from Peter Ridsdale. Leeds have a five year plan and spent it in 2. And we gambled on qualification for champions league. We finished 5th. Should have been fourth but that wes Brown own goal was disaloud. Oh well, there's still fa cup and league cup and possibilites of a play off, never had a play off before and theres always a shef weds.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    This is a football discussion, if you want to discuss Rugby, start your own thread.
    It directly links into football Huntroyde. Then again you haven't even done your GCSE's yet so you wouldn't understand links like that. Your time will come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeedsStriker)
    God, I can remember 3 years ago, against Valencia at Elland Road in the Champions League. I still keep the ticket in my wallet. Still got my Kewell 10 shirt with the champoins league football on the sleeve. Hard to believe it'll have a nationwide on next season. I think this all started from Peter Ridsdale. Leeds have a five year plan and spent it in 2. And we gambled on qualification for champions league. We finished 5th. Should have been fourth but that wes Brown own goal was disaloud. Oh well, there's still fa cup and league cup and possibilites of a play off, never had a play off before and theres always a shef weds.......
    I cannot see Leeds coming back up for a long while. The clubis in serious trouble.

ReputationRep:
    stop fighting the both of you, it not nice!

ReputationRep:
    It directly links into football Huntroyde. Then again you haven't even done your GCSE's yet so you wouldn't understand links like that. Your time will come.
    Oooh, feisty.

I can see the link, GCSEs or not, between knowledge of football and rugby and the number of exams passed. There is definately a direct link there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Oooh, feisty.

I can see the link, GCSEs or not, between knowledge of football and rugby and the number of exams passed. There is definately a direct link there.
    Very true.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's just me, but I really can't get into this whole Leeds United sympathy thing... I mean 3 teams get relegated every year, but where was the massive sympathy for Wolves and Leicester?? Also if you were as financially negligent as Leeds were under Risdale its always likely to come back to haunt you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teamvillage)
    Maybe it's just me, but I really can't get into this whole Leeds United sympathy thing... I mean 3 teams get relegated every year, but where was the massive sympathy for Wolves and Leicester?? Also if you were as financially negligent as Leeds were under Risdale its always likely to come back to haunt you.

Because Leeds are a 'big' club unlike Wolves and Leicester. It is the fall from grace which is most shocking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teamvillage)
    (why does that thing have an inane grin whilst sticking its tongue out?)everyone should get their chance to feel gloomy... you can't deprive us of that, and the sympathy that comes with it, even if the same thing happens every year.. hehe... weren't we sympathetic to leicester fans after their incredible collapse a few seasons ago? Or was I the only one?

I cannot believe I'm going to elland road to see leeds play charlton next week... with a *stoke* fan - see irony in the signature below. (Before you ask, I can't go by meself, and I don't *know* any leeds fans over the age of about 14 - other than online)...

Well.. at least no-one's died, been kidnapped or disappeared in my life - the only thing that has disappeared is around about £180million. Clues as to how to retrieve it will be welcomed by all leeds fans.

Why isn't there a :s face on this silly smiley panel?

J x

ReputationRep:
    Ridsdale took the money.

Limos
    Players
    Pay offs to Managers
    Robbie Fowler's wages
    That bloody goldfish
    His wallet

ReputationRep:
    It's kinda funny how life can change
    Can flip 180 in a matter of days
    Sometimes lifeworks in mysterious ways
    One day you wake up gone without a trace

Leeds refused to give up
    Leeds refused to give in
    They're you're everything
    They don't wanna give up
    They don't wanna give in, oh no
    Everybody sings

ReputationRep:
    i don't think smith will leave leeds. he's a true player who tries his best for the team unlike viduka. i used to like him but he's too big-headed now. thinks he's too good for the team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Shrestha)
    i don't think smith will leave leeds. he's a true player who tries his best for the team unlike viduka. i used to like him but he's too big-headed now. thinks he's too good for the team
    Smith has said he will leave Leeds. Viduka and Robinson will also go. Leedsa re battling to keep Milner at the moment, the others are long gone.

ReputationRep:
    I'll look forward to seeing Leeds at the Turf next season.

ReputationRep:
    If those fish were real gold, then that might explain the cost - they would've been expensive to begin with and then would've sunk to the bottom of the tank and not been able to eat, so would've died. And then he would've bought more... and more... (And kept hiring limos to go to the pet shop). Or maybe not.

Sorry... strange rambling.

J x

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.