The Student Room Group

How to enter resit modules in UCAS?

hey guys, I was just wondering how you would write in your UCAS application that you are resitting modules, I've asked my teachers and they are saying different things such as, they'll mention it in the reference or to put your grade as pending on the form or to enter your AS grade twice (one with the grades you achieved & one saying pending), i'm not sure which one to do???
There are two possible ways.
If you are resitting an AS exam, but not taking that subject to A2, then you enter another AS, with the grade as pending, with the same units, but the unit(s) you are resitting will also need to be pending. Any units in that AS that will remain the same should still be entered, with the grade achieved the same.
If you are carrying on the subject to A2, you enter the module(s) as pending in the A2 qualification, rather than adding another AS.
First way= only AS
Second way= Taking subject to A2 and resitting AS module in A2 year.
Reply 3
Original post by H0PEL3SS
There are two possible ways.
If you are resitting an AS exam, but not taking that subject to A2, then you enter another AS, with the grade as pending, with the same units, but the unit(s) you are resitting will also need to be pending. Any units in that AS that will remain the same should still be entered, with the grade achieved the same.
If you are carrying on the subject to A2, you enter the module(s) as pending in the A2 qualification, rather than adding another AS.

I'm carrying the subjects onto A2, but does that mean I enter the grades I achieved at AS under the AS section or would I leave them as pending since i'm re-taking, like I would leave it pending under the A2 section??
Original post by bigbang01
I'm carrying the subjects onto A2, but does that mean I enter the grades I achieved at AS under the AS section or would I leave them as pending since i'm re-taking, like I would leave it pending under the A2 section??

The grades you've already achieved (including the modules you want to resit) will need to be entered in the AS, with their grades/UMS. Then you need to enter the AS exams in the A2 as you would normally, but this time, for anything you're resitting, you leave the grades as pending.

Quick Reply

Latest