Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i was wondering if any1 ever orderd stuff from ebay , coz im worried that the stuff i may order is gonna be shite compare to wot u expected, and is it sure if u pay through paypal?
    thanks

(im thinking about geting ghd's and a laptop or pc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    i was wondering if any1 ever orderd stuff from ebay , coz im worried that the stuff i may order is gonna be shite compare to wot u expected, and is it sure if u pay through paypal?
    thanks

i don't recommend it! safer for selling

ReputationRep:
    I use it all the time, its always what i expect.

ReputationRep:
    thanks

It is good to use paypal because paypal and ebay were made for each other or something. Anyways it is the reccommended ways of paying on ebay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    It is good to use paypal because paypal and ebay were made for each other or something. Anyways it is the reccommended ways of paying on ebay.
    yeah but im worrid sum1 can find my card number and stuff... coz last time my cuzin showed me a list of all the ppl who paud 4 sumthing on internet with all their details... it kinda freaked me out

ReputationRep:
    yeah but im worrid sum1 can find my card number and stuff... coz last time my cuzin showed me a list of all the ppl who paud 4 sumthing on internet with all their details... it kinda freaked me out

Get a paypal acount then either use your credit card to put money in(not sure you can do this) or do an electronic funds transfer. Then use paypal to pay for whatever you are buying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Get a paypal acount then either use your credit card to put money in(not sure you can do this) or do an electronic funds transfer. Then use paypal to pay for whatever you are buying.
    that sounds like a good idea ,Thanks 4 helping!!

ReputationRep:
    Paypal is the best way for paying on ebay. Once you have set up a Paypal account, you'll never have to enter your card details again! You simply just have to enter in your Paypal username and password. Some of the respected worldwide sites which sell stuff for import also use Paypal. I use it because I only have a Solo card at the moment and I know that it isn't widely accepted.

About buying things on ebay, always check the feedback of the sellers. Do try and buy from someone with loads of positive feedback (50+ for example). If they have few feedback, have a look at the look of the page and their spelling, punctuation and grammer. If it's dodgy, then you might want to steer clear.

Also, not everything is second-hand on ebay. If they say it's brand-new and unopened, then they can't lie because they would get done by ebay and be forced to give you your money back.

The only thing you need to worry about really is Royal Mail losing the item in the post! Stupid thieves......can't trust them to deliver your stuff safely these days! Recorded delivery or Special delivery might be useful.

Hope this makes you feel better. Ebay is an excellent place to get stuff for much cheaper than in retail high-street stores. As long as you are careful, you shouldn't have to worry about anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    Paypal is the best way for paying on ebay. Once you have set up a Paypal account, you'll never have to enter your card details again! You simply just have to enter in your Paypal username and password. Some of the respected worldwide sites which sell stuff for import also use Paypal. I use it because I only have a Solo card at the moment and I know that it isn't widely accepted.

About buying things on ebay, always check the feedback of the sellers. Do try and buy from someone with loads of positive feedback (50+ for example). If they have few feedback, have a look at the look of the page and their spelling, punctuation and grammer. If it's dodgy, then you might want to steer clear.

Also, not everything is second-hand on ebay. If they say it's brand-new and unopened, then they can't lie because they would get done by ebay and be forced to give you your money back.

The only thing you need to worry about really is Royal Mail losing the item in the post! Stupid thieves......can't trust them to deliver your stuff safely these days! Recorded delivery or Special delivery might be useful.

Hope this makes you feel better. Ebay is an excellent place to get stuff for much cheaper than in retail high-street stores. As long as you are careful, you shouldn't have to worry about anything.

thank u very very much

ReputationRep:
    I've ordered 10 things from Ebay - one of which was over £200 and I've never had a problem.

That said - check the messages left on a seller's profile to make sure they haven't messed people around in the past.

ReputationRep:
    I've had almost 2000 ebay transactions (not exaggerating, but most as seller) and I've never been a victim of fraud *touches wood*. Occasionally what I have bought has not been quite what I've been wanting, but usually that has been my own fault for not reading the description properly and not asking questions, or buying off someone with slightly dodgy feedback. In general it's a great and safe place to trade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I've ordered 10 things from Ebay - one of which was over £200 and I've never had a problem.

That said - check the messages left on a seller's profile to make sure they haven't messed people around in the past.
    I've just realized that I have over the course of years ordered over £800 worth of goods from ebay.

ReputationRep:
    I've sold over £5000 worth of stuff on eBay. Paypal is actually owned by eBay, and offers the user upto £250 of cover (read T&C) and is good for the buyer. For the seller, their rates are extortionate.

ReputationRep:
    thanks

No ebay is good
    i ordred xbox games and memory disc from there, just make sure who are u delling with. some seller's products are the same from the shop and others are not. so just read the customers rating before you buy anything from a person you don't know. A good idea is ask them some question before you bye them.
    e.g when i bought my game
    i asked where did he got the game from and what does it say at the copyright bit. etc.
    people who think that ebay are **** are those one who don't know how to dell with the people in ebay. you can learn from experience.
    i don't normally pay through paypal, but i works, no catch, because my friend can't wait to get the true crime game so he did it through paypal and they arrived the next day. i think if u are not in a rush don't use paypal..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    i think if u are not in a rush don't use paypal..
    I use Paypal everytime - it is probably the safest way of paying (and is regulated, which is why sellers like Paypal).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I use Paypal everytime - it is probably the safest way of paying (and is regulated, which is why sellers like Paypal).
    but i think through credit card it much better
    well every1 got their own opinon

ReputationRep:
    no dont

my mate has ordered sum stuff of ther which has turned out 2 b ****

and ther r people who con u loads it was in company magazine this month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate_Lover)
    no dont
    my mate has ordered sum stuff of ther which has turned out 2 b ****
    and ther r people who con u loads it was in company magazine this month
    However the people who have actually had direct experience of it recommend it, albeit with some useful caveats.

ReputationRep:
    EBay rocks. You can get some great bargains on there

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.