The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Danithestudent
Mmm i love pro-plus

pro plus never work on me it might sound crazy but it doesnt ... :frown:
Reply 21
A mate of mine had given up alcohol for lent (though he's not Christian) and was out with his mates. As everyone else was getting drunk, he was feeling left out so ordered a Red Bull. He ended up drinking 7 and couldn't get a wink of sleep for 3 days. Poor guy.
Reply 22
iiikewldude
u.s fighter pilots take speed on long missions
Any evidence?
Reply 24
A bit like the Germans giving their troops in the 2nd world war ecstasy so that they could go on marching through day and night
congrats on 9000 posts 2776 thats quite a number
Reply 26
iiikewldude
congrats on 9000 posts 2776 thats quite a number
Oh right cheers.
Reply 27
Things not to do: eat lots of simple carbs with a high glycemic index - this will give you a short burst of energy and then a BIG fall making you extremely sleepy after about 30 minutes. Dont masterbate - thats always something that sends you straight to sleep especially when tired...and I might add,the revision youre doing whilst under the influence of caffeine is half as good as if you were under normal conditions :wink:
You have to keep awake in exams?
I never knew that.
I always go in, fall asleep, and hope for the best.
viviki
Be very careful with redbull. I had a few redbulls 3 or 4 when I was out once over the course of a night which is about 7 hours you would think that would be ok but it made me suddenly feel shaky I fainted and came too shaking, I cant think it can have been anything other than the redbull. I had one alcoholic drink that night so I could have been driving. I was out for about 30 seconds so if I had been driving I would probably be dead. I havent touched the stuff since, it could have been just an isolated incident and nothing to do with the redbull but I'm not taking the risk.
I'm not saying dont drink the stuff just dont have too much in one go that much caffeine in the system at once cant be the best thing for you.

I gave up caffiene last year before Glastonbury to try to reduce my tolerance to it (after drinking 3 cans of red bull and dozing off in a nightclub next to a speaker stack :rolleyes: ). Gave it up for 3 months but it didn't reduce my tolerance to it at all - I still get no effect from drinking red bull/taking pro plus tablets.

If I need to stay awake I make sure I have a reasonable amount of sleep (3 hrs a night I can manage for a few days on) and keep myself interested. I tend to start getting cold when I'm tired rather than feeling sleepy - and of course if I'm cold I wrap up warmer which usually means I start to doze off - if I keep myself cold and active I stay awake.

Latest

Trending

Trending