The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Excalibur
I also bought Brodie's Notes. These were quite good but it's mostly just writing lol :p: And quite old. Tbh, they do look really good but it was too boring and too technical for me so I gave up on them... (but still came out with an A* overall, so meh :p: ) They may still be worth having.

:mad: Brodie's Notes are great.

The thing to remember is that one study guide may not be enough, take ideas and utilize a variety of sources. You don't have to buy 5 or 6 study aids, just borrow them from a library (school or public) and see which one suits you. I used a variety of Spark Notes/York Notes and Brodie's Notes (favourite one) - they are technical but they are excellent as well!
Reply 21
Vicky88
:smile: I love Lord of the Flies too.

I'm doing a Golding text for AS level - The Spire, I'm not liking it that much. :frown:
Reply 22
Cataclysm
I'm doing a Golding text for AS level - The Spire, I'm not liking it that much. :frown:

You're so quick. :eek:

I've not read any of his other stuff actually. Shame you're not liking it, he's obv a bit of a one hit wonder! lol
Reply 23
Vicky88
You're so quick. :eek:

I've not read any of his other stuff actually. Shame you're not liking it, he's obv a bit of a one hit wonder! lol

Yea, the whole church setting, etc. is not really that appealing. Maybe I'll get used to it.
I've got york notes for macbeth.
Oh and if anyone is unsure about which revision guide to buy for any subject, the Wiki page (check the sticky topic on the top of this forum) is really good. :smile:
Reply 26
Excalibur
Oh and if anyone is unsure about which revision guide to buy for any subject, the Wiki page (check the sticky topic on the top of this forum) is really good. :smile:

I added the section on Brodie's Notes :smile:
Thank you everybody :smile:
Thanks Excalibur for wh0ring my guide :p:
Reply 29
splorgie
Thanks Excalibur for wh0ring my guide :p:

:s:

Must resist.....

Must resist temptation to make sexual innuendo remark.

Must resist!

*blows up*
:eek3:
*sigh*

Go on then Cat, just make the remark... get it over and done with...
Reply 32
i find spark notes are better. it's more matter of fact. i get annoyed with the york notes because you pay for the colourful covers and nice pages, and usually the writing is more descriptive than analytical about a text, whereas you can get a good outline of themes etc. from sparknotes. but of course, neither should be relied upon to get you good marks!
Just make things up off the top of your head... if you can make relevant quotes (paraphrase all the way :p:) you can prove anything. Works for me.

Latest