The Student Room Group
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website

Cheltenham spa train station to francis close hall

Heya
Im doing a top up year at university of gloucestershire which is one day a week course (friday) and I live in Bristol. Just wondering how easy/difficult it is to get from the train station to francis close hall? or wether I am just better off driving (any tips on where to park?) Stressed!
There are a few places you can look at on the internet?

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/Rail-FCH.aspx

http://www.glos.ac.uk/travel/Pages/default.aspx

Also, if you have a look on google maps or google earth it might give you a better representation of the distance.
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website
Parking in Cheltenham without a permit is an absolute bitch. Don't do it.

What you can do is either walk which takes about 30 minutes or jump on the bus that is right outside the train station which will take you to the town centre. It's a 10 minute walk from there.
Reply 3
You could always try and park on site for 1.50 all day though FCH parking is not good. There is also a parking permit you can buy as a student which is £50 annually.

I would personally recommend getting the train through to Cheltenham and taking your bike with you!

You'd get to FCH from the train station in no time at all! Saves waiting for the bus plus you can go direct rather than into town! Also, rush hour traffic between Bristol and Cheltenham really isn't fun!

Only down side would be there are no shower facilities (as far as I'm aware!) at FCH plus you may have to think about cycling to Bristol Train Station too..
If you are considering a train method, a taxi wouldn't be extortionate from the Train Station I wouldn't have thought.

Hope that's something you could consider!
Once you get off the train station, its a 20 min walk. I went home to south wales every weekend and found it a doddle

Once you get off the train station, just walk down Gloucester Road for about 10/15 mins. once you pass the big tescos and go to the lights, go right. Then by the post office, go left and you're there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending