abdivelli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm aspiring to do a Law degree in Uni, currently studying Biology, Business with Economics, Psychology and English Literature. Are those good subjects to go on to study Law in the future? What grades would I need to get into a University in the top 20 in the UK?
User1333171
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by abdivelli)
I'm aspiring to do a Law degree in Uni, currently studying Biology, Business with Economics, Psychology and English Literature. Are those good subjects to go on to study Law in the future? What grades would I need to get into a University in the top 20 in the UK?
I would say that they're good subjects, yes. English literature is always mentioned in prospectuses as being relevant for law degrees, because of the essay writing component. It basically develops skills in close reading and analysis, which are essential for studying law. Psychology also involves essays and looking at evidence/case studies, so that's good too. You're looking at AAA/A*AA for top 20 law.
Meduza
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think min/most requirement is AAA for top 20 unis in the UK... and yes for law it doesn't matter much what A-levels you're doing unless it's something like media studies or whatever. You have a good mix as you have science (bio), then economic, psychology (which is very useful) and eng lit.
abdivelli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Meduza)
I think min/most requirement is AAA for top 20 unis in the UK... and yes for law it doesn't matter much what A-levels you're doing unless it's something like media studies or whatever. You have a good mix as you have science (bio), then economic, psychology (which is very useful) and eng lit.
I thought the minimum was AAB
Meduza
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by abdivelli)
I thought the minimum was AAB
I think for top 20 unis it's AAA mostly. Even Southampton asks for AAA and it's just a bit below the top 20 in some rankings.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by playboiaboodi)
I would say you have amazing subjects but doing 5 a levels might be too much, if you were to drop 2 subjects I would recommend business and biology. Business as its seen as an "easy" subject and the fact that uni don't like business and econ together. I would say biology as its very hard to keep up with along the other tougher subjects
Btw this is a 5 year old thread
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (34)
8%
Confident (55)
12.94%
Indifferent (60)
14.12%
Unsure (110)
25.88%
Worried (166)
39.06%

Watched Threads