Industrial/Product designers - where are you applying?

Watch
designerswanted
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
haven't seen a thread for this year yet.
anyone applying for product/industrial design?
any offers yet? I'm freaking out about these design tasks.
Pete11235
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by designerswanted)
haven't seen a thread for this year yet.
anyone applying for product/industrial design?
any offers yet? I'm freaking out about these design tasks.
I am applying soon, just waiting for my school to approve my personal statement, I am looking at Loughborough Brunel Huddersfield Nottingham Trent and Ravensbourne. Where are you applying to? I am more worried about making my portfolio than the design tasks.
designerswanted
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pete11235)
I am applying soon, just waiting for my school to approve my personal statement, I am looking at Loughborough Brunel Huddersfield Nottingham Trent and Ravensbourne. Where are you applying to? I am more worried about making my portfolio than the design tasks.
Loughborough, Brunel, Leeds, Northumbria and Sheffield! Portfolio worries me too, the only thing I have masses of is CAD.
Pete11235
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Loughborough, Brunel, Leeds, Northumbria and Sheffield! Portfolio worries me too, the only thing I have masses of is CAD.
I have a whole lot of CAD too which is why i am trying to build up on my sketch. But my biggest worry is the layout and putting my previous projects into and squeezing it into a page of A3. The most annoying thing about portfolio is that Brunel has a maximum requirement of 6 A3 pages while Loughborough said 20 Pages :mad:
designerswanted
Rep:
?
its frustrating. at loughborough tho, they don't even have time to go through 20 pages, people said they get through 5/6 max. so put your best stuff first i guess, haha.
Pete11235
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
its frustrating. at loughborough tho, they don't even have time to go through 20 pages, people said they get through 5/6 max. so put your best stuff first i guess, haha.
That sucks.....but since I won't be able to go to the applicants day then I guess they might have more time looking at my portfolio?
designerswanted
Rep:
?
haha, i don't know if thats a good or bad thing! i got my first interview today. woo!!
now its just making a half decent portfolio...
Pete11235
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
haha, i don't know if thats a good or bad thing! i got my first interview today. woo!!
now its just making a half decent portfolio...
COOL!!!! How did it go? Hope it went well. Where did you have the interview?
designerswanted
Rep:
?
COOL!!!! How did it go? Hope it went well. Where did you have the interview?
I haven't had it yet, the offer for interview just came through at Sheffield.
Pete11235
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I haven't had it yet, the offer for interview just came through at Sheffield.
Oh okay congrats anyway
designerswanted
Rep:
?
Oh okay congrats anyway
thankyou good luck to you too!!
fxith
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've applied to Brighton Brunel Nottingham Trent Loughborough and Bournemouth and I've got interviews at Brunel, Loughborough and Brighton so far. I'm also worried about the actual layout of the portfolio and how to arrange my work. I would really like to see an example of a university application portfolio because all the ones online are by graduates.
designerswanted
Rep:
?
That's ace! What Loughborough interview date are you at? I have offers from them and Sheffield now. How long did brunel take to reply btw?
kayong79
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
what were your AS grades ?
designerswanted
Rep:
?
(Original post by kayong79)
what were your AS grades ?
A - product design
A - politics
A - IT
B - Physics
Claire.08T
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have a whole lot of CAD too which is why i am trying to build up on my sketch. But my biggest worry is the layout and putting my previous projects into and squeezing it into a page of A3. The most annoying thing about portfolio is that Brunel has a maximum requirement of 6 A3 pages while Loughborough said 20 Pages :mad:
Hey, I need to start my portfolio. What are you including in your portfolio? So how many drawings (sketch and CAD) as well as projects? Also are you going to make two separate portfolios due to Brunel only requiring 6 pages?
fxith
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That's ace! What Loughborough interview date are you at? I have offers from them and Sheffield now. How long did brunel take to reply btw?
Loughborough is 14 Jan and Brunel took about 2 days to reply for me. Well done on your offers! How did you find the Loughborough interview? I know interviews are supposed to be formal but did you find it quite formal for a design course because I seem to be getting that impression...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (123)
41.41%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (33)
11.11%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (22)
7.41%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
22.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
11.11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.4%

Watched Threads