Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The title is self-explanatory.

Why do our futures lie in this exams.....waaa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    The title is self-explanatory.

Why do our futures lie in this exams.....waaa
    No worries! I'm so exicted about going to Warwick, only need 37 points, piece of cake! Just did two paper 2s in Math Methods this morning, and I got almost everything correct, and in MM I'm only aiming for a 5. And the history/english/econ exams are soooo easy, and phyiscs is ok, at least it is fun. Only Norwegian i'm worried about now cuz I haven't read the books, but I will!

ReputationRep:
    I really can't believe that it has all happened so fast, i have got really down about the exams, and i don't think i could call 37 points easy, but you must know your stuff! :-) i just hope that i can keep my head attached because i can never remember facts when i need to and when i do remember a fact it can invarably be incorrectly remembered - lack of the correct retrieval cues i think for anyone who is studying psychology!! Good luck everyone and i hope you all get the point to go onto what ever you want to do, be it MI6 or translation for the itallian football squad!!

To have got this far, even with out the exams i think we all deserve a pat on the back. My year has lost 1/5 of its population on the ib to A-levels because people didn't like it or couldn't hack it so i hope i can make the last high jump with everyone else.

Best wishes
    :confused: More-Khaos :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    No worries! I'm so exicted about going to Warwick, only need 37 points, piece of cake! Just did two paper 2s in Math Methods this morning, and I got almost everything correct, and in MM I'm only aiming for a 5. And the history/english/econ exams are soooo easy, and phyiscs is ok, at least it is fun. Only Norwegian i'm worried about now cuz I haven't read the books, but I will!
    I envy you for your positivity!!!

P.Sid you notice that there was no probability question in the November 2003 Paper 2 Math Methods exam??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by more_khaos)
    lack of the correct retrieval cues i think for anyone who is studying psychology!! :
    OMG u know whats that... i wasnt studying things like that... Just some MOST important studies (skinner pavlov etc)....

Btw do u have nov 2003 psycho exam??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahwhatevver)
    I envy you for your positivity!!!

P.Sid you notice that there was no probability question in the November 2003 Paper 2 Math Methods exam??
    we had that as a mock, I thought there was a probability question... My memory could be wrong. They seldom have binominal theorem questions, which just happens to be what I'm best at (plus vector geometry and probabilty).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by more_khaos)
    My year has lost 1/5 of its population on the ib to A-levels because people didn't like it or couldn't hack it so i hope i can make the last high jump with everyone else.

Best wishes
    :confused: More-Khaos :confused:
    Absolutely. There is intense rivalry at my school between the two cohorts - 45 % do IB, 55 % do A-Levels. We even made our own ties and there have been A-Level vs IB Football and Rugger matches. Of course the IB chaps pulled through in both disciplines, proving we are not only superior in an academic sense.

Bring on tomorrow.

Cogito Ergo IB

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ReputationRep:
    hopefully it won't be too bad?! I mean, there's always re-sits, right?! But let's pray it doesn't come to that. Think about it, at the end of the month we can all breathe the BIGGEST sigh of relief! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    hopefully it won't be too bad?! I mean, there's always re-sits, right?! But let's pray it doesn't come to that. Think about it, at the end of the month we can all breathe the BIGGEST sigh of relief! xxx

you're absolutely right!

ReputationRep:
    I'll quote my MSN name here
    WE'RE ALL GONNA DIEEE!!! THE INSANITY APPROACHES!!! THE DOOM IS COMING DOWN UPON US ALL!!!
    *runs out screaming*

ReputationRep:
    I've done my first exam!! The passage was good~. Goodluck to those who are going to take it.

ReputationRep:
    Yay all the best from me too!

Remember: "A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vatrass)
    OMG u know whats that... i wasnt studying things like that... Just some MOST important studies (skinner pavlov etc)....

Btw do u have nov 2003 psycho exam??????
    Sorry didn't mean to pannic you!! no i don't i'm affraid have that paper. Well don't worry about retrieval cues, we all study something different, we did loads on memory - due to the coursework.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan_zed)
    Absolutely. There is intense rivalry at my school between the two cohorts - 45 % do IB, 55 % do A-Levels. We even made our own ties and there have been A-Level vs IB Football and Rugger matches. Of course the IB chaps pulled through in both disciplines, proving we are not only superior in an academic sense.

Bring on tomorrow.

Cogito Ergo IB
    BRILLIANT!!

ReputationRep:
    Baaa, physics was harder than I expected. Paper one was OK, but I'm worried about paper 2 part B... was some things there I've never seen before in my life but whatever. i did my best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    Baaa, physics was harder than I expected. Paper one was OK, but I'm worried about paper 2 part B... was some things there I've never seen before in my life but whatever. i did my best.
    really?
    well in my opinion paper1 was let say bizzar - there were too many theoretical questions like for example the 2nd one - i one it is someting easy but..
    well for me paper2 was ok - better then the 1st one
    i did the first question in section b (one part was about electron and second one was about circular motion) and it was quite ok
    and tomorrow.... - paper3

ReputationRep:
    good that people feel the did well personaly I do wish to have a chat with someone who did the poem in paper 1 english SL, just to be sure. Eventhough there is no right and wrong on paper 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BulMaster)
    good that people feel the did well personaly I do wish to have a chat with someone who did the poem in paper 1 english SL, just to be sure. Eventhough there is no right and wrong on paper 1
    Hi not sure what the ruling is exactly on exams but i think that it is 48 hours after the last exam in which people are allowed to discuss the papers so wouldn't do it over the forum untill then at least. Sorry i did the prose so i cant chat on the poem- looked interesting though, the prose just grabed me.

ReputationRep:
    ooh well I will wait then

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.