University of Bolton
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone :banana:

Hope you’re all good?

For all you creative students looking at various HE courses to apply for in the field. As well as the traditional Art & Design courses, the University of Bolton offer special and visual effects courses, which have been designed to meet the needs of the rapidly growing industry of film and television.

The courses have a great reputation and recently been recommended by our visiting professor, Neill Gordon, the founder and co-director of Millennium FX, an internationally renowned prosthetics and make up company. There movie credits include some of the biggest films, like The Gravity, Saving Private Ryan and The Hobbit. They are also the creative force behind the aliens and enemies in the award winning Doctor Who series since it returned in 2005.

The University of Bolton offers two pathways of SFX study. You have the option of studying BDes in Special Effects for Film and TV, which focuses on physical effects such as make-up and prosthetics, props and ‘incamera’ asset generation. Students who are more interested in post-productionand CGI techniques can study a BSc in Visual Effects for Film and TV. We also offer a HND in Special and Visual Effects for Film and TV.

For more information, check out: www.bolton.ac.uk/Subjects/SFX/Home.aspx

If you have any further questions feel free to reply or drop me a private message. If need be , I can get you in touch with our enthusiastic students and staff members from the faculty or book you in for a personalised campus tour.

Saf Patel
Marketing and Recruitment Officer
University of Bolton
Tyler Bam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, just giving this thread a bump. :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:
If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (149)
60.57%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.47%
No- I want it (69)
28.05%
No- I don't want it (17)