The Student Room Group

UCAS application: fee code?? - Urgent!

in the online UCAS application there is a section which says "Fee Code" and the options are:

01 Private finance
02 LEA/SAAS/NIBd/EU/Chl/IoM
04 Research councils
05 DH/Regional Health
06 UKL govt osea award
07 Training agency
08 Other UK govt award
09 Overseas Agency
10 UK Industry/commerce
90 Other Source
99 Not Known

I'm not sure what it means... :confused: ... if I'm going to ask for a loan from the SLC (Student Loan COmpany) or applying to a bursary from the uni that does not count for this right? so it would be private finance??

I NEED HELP!! thank you!!
Reply 1
It'll most likely be 02. Which means you'll apply to your LEA and be assessed for your income, then they'll work out how much grant you're entitled to. Most people will be selecting 02.
Reply 2
but I'm from Spain (not UK) so I can only ask for the fee-loan (not the income-assessed maintenance loan)

can someone explain what those letter in 02 mean? thanx!
Reply 3
Just seen that 'EU' is in 02, so you'd probably select that, seeing as Spain is in the EU. Might want to double check with someone else though.

Just to clarify, the acronyms are:

02 LEA/SAAS/NIBd/EU/Chl/IoM

Local Education Authority (who assess you if you're in England/Wales)
SAAS (cant remember the exact name but its the same as above but for Scottish students)
NIBd (not a clue)
EU (European Union)
ChI (Channel Islands)
IoM (Isle of Man)
Reply 4
NIBd is the Northern Ireland Board

I have a feeling that as a Spanish student you are classed as privately financing (01). The best thing to do is phone one of the universities you want to apply to - you'll get a quikcer reply than trying to ask UCAS.
Good luck
Reply 5
You'll most likely be 02 - as you're from the EU and eligible for the fees loan.

If you put 01, you'll be asked to pay a lot more than £3000, - ie you'll pay the full cost of your degree, and it won't be available as a loan.
Reply 6
thanx a lot!! it must 02 then!!
Reply 7
You are definitely o2 as an EU student
Reply 8
Press the "assist" button and answer the questionnaire. It works out what fee code you are. I'm guessing "02" but if you're applying for an NHS sponsored course it might be "05"...
Reply 9
I'm latino and the only way for me to study internationally is by financial assessment... What about that case?
Original post by Zendzelly
I'm latino and the only way for me to study internationally is by financial assessment... What about that case?

So you posted in a TEN year old thread to try and get someone to say something different to the widely available advice that non EU international students have no access to governent funding, which won't happen. You are not able to get funding so would presumably have to choose the self funding option which you can't afford so you'd be best looking at unis in your own country or a country with a more generous funding scheme if one exists.
Original post by AlexS101
So you posted in a TEN year old thread to try and get someone to say something different to the widely available advice that non EU international students have no access to governent funding, which won't happen. You are not able to get funding so would presumably have to choose the self funding option which you can't afford so you'd be best looking at unis in your own country or a country with a more generous funding scheme if one exists.

Thank you, Alex. I just hope you're wrong.