Have I damaged the back passenger Tyre by accidentally mounted onto a kerb(pic inc)?

Watch
Koolman511
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello

I drove into the driveway around the speed of 7-15mph and my passenger back wheel mounted onto this kerb. The car is a 3dr astra sports hatch and I'm in the UK.

I'm a bit paranoid since I'm concerned that it can damage the car such as suspension/wheels/ inside alloy/tyre or anything to do with the car like engine bay/belts?

Also I was braking at the same time due to being a slope driveway and worried of the brakes/braking system as well.
Attached files
username239687
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There's bigger bumps in the road.
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Haha no. Your car is fine. If you hit something hard enough to actually damage the car, believe me you'll know about it. i
Runninground
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What kerb?

I hit potholes bigger than that every day!
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depends.
Is there a bulge in the sidewall?
Koolman511
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Well its cause my brother parked squint and the rear of his car was sticking out. Late at night I tried to reverse out about 1-5mph and my driver side+ driver rear passenger of the tyre mounted of the kerb and the car bounced off which felt quite hard when sitting inside the car. The circle shows where I reversed from
Attached files
x-Venezia-x
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That kerb is very low! I wouldn't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
xx-Samantha-xx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've done worse in my instructors car to be honest....totally by accident side swiped a kerb going 40mph down a NSL country lane and didn't cause any damage. I will say it was the first time I went that fast on such a narrow road i'm much better at judging now
BrownEyedGirl92
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You shouldn't worry too much, especially on that tiny bump! It's a car not an eggshell.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
from the picture it does not seem likely that your tyre has sustained major damage. they are flexible and can survive quite large impacts. if you are worried you can get a new one for not too much money.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (92)
13.86%
I'm not sure (31)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (213)
32.08%
I have already dropped out (15)
2.26%
I'm not a current university student (313)
47.14%

Watched Threads