The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It's usually Southampton...

No point going off last year though 'cos a) these things change wildly year on year and b) UKCAT and other exams will probably affect peoples choices...
Reply 2
alot of people are applying to leeds and university of london colleges... just going by word of mouth tho
I've seen some stats from my local NHS voluntary services manager about this (although I think the stats were from 2004,) and I think it was Nottingham was the highest in terms of applicant/place ratio.
Reply 4
the stats i've seen showed manchester, kcl and ucl to be the top ones. manchester THE top by 50 or so applicants.

hahah, what a mix of replies.
Reply 5
Last year it was definitely Southampton...

2004 it was BSMS (to the point that they ended up with some 70 people too many on the course), followed by Southampton.
Reply 6
Fluffy
Last year it was definitely Southampton...

2004 it was BSMS (to the point that they ended up with some 70 people too many on the course), followed by Southampton.

I'd say that is more an indication of amateur hour admissions management than anything :p:
Reply 7
New course - not knowing what they were really getting into was the reason/not expecting as many peeps to be so willing to take on a new course IIRC...
Reply 8
why is southampton so popular?
Part of the reason probably is the no-interview policy :smile:
^^ also its the best for med
Fluffy
It's usually Southampton...

No point going off last year though 'cos a) these things change wildly year on year and b) UKCAT and other exams will probably affect peoples choices...

I wasnt basing my choices on any statistics, i was just curious.
Reply 12
j00ni
I'd say that is more an indication of amateur hour admissions management than anything :p:

There was nothing amateur about it, BSMS was only taking in their second lot of students and far more people accepted the places than were expected for a new medical school. They thought that it would take longer for the medical school to get so popular. My year group originally was 40 people over but I really don't think that it has negetively effected my education the groups stayed the same size for everything.

Anyway rant over :p:
Reply 13
Trojan89
why is southampton so popular?

Because we're the dogs *******s.

Latest

Trending

Trending