Amzzyy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What A Levels should choose to become a broadcast journalist or PR?
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
English, probably.
Have a look on university websites.
Amzzyy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm set on doing english and history. But it's the other two I'm thinking about. I've thought about doing a language third too.
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Amzzyy)
I'm set on doing english and history. But it's the other two I'm thinking about. I've thought about doing a language third too.
The thing with journalism is that you don't really have to do a journalism degree to go into a career. It's all about the work experience.

It makes your A-levels somewhat irrelevant, really.

Regardless, I looked up Broadcast Journalism on UCAS anyway. Related courses include plain Journalism, or Media and Communication.
Leeds: AAB, no subject specified
Bedfordshire: 280 points (BBC), no subject specified
Brighton: BBC, no subject specified
Huddersfield: BBC, no subject specified

As it has ties to Media and Communication, you could consider Media Studies as an option.

But really, take what you think you'll enjoy most. If you're good at a language, and enjoy studying a language, then take a language. Unlike a lot of degrees, you're not limited to certain subjects you must take.
ChloeBelle
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi

I'm currently a Journalism student at the University of Westminster, and I can assure you that you're not limited at all. However, out of the three A Levels that I took (English Literature, Sociology and Law), I can safely say that Sociology is proving to be beyond helpful in my degree.

At Westminster, part of our course is the theory of the media - from Sociology, I've got background knowledge of theoretical perspectives, so I'd really recommend taking it.

I'd also suggest a degree in Journalism rather than a particular field such as Broadcast Journalism, as the latter is a bit too specific. At Westminster, we also offer a degree in PR & Advertising, and all media-related degrees do joint Media Theory modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (386)
56.85%
I don't have everything I need (293)
43.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed