The Student Room Group

The Sony Playstation Society V

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AugustWestie

Never played a Dragon Age game, can anyone tell me if I need to have played any of the previous ones to play Inquisition?

I've never played one either but read through this and I get the gist of the lore http://kotaku.com/a-beginners-guide-to-all-things-dragon-age-1658487212
Reply 21
I gave the games in the PS sale a miss and put the £20 towards Far Cry instead. As you pointed out, I could probably find both games cheaper should I want to play them in future.

About to start playing Far Cry. The servers seem to be down though, or is that just me?
Just ordered PS4 + TLOU + GTAV for £350. It's a great deal, but I can't decide if I can justify it right now. Might cancel it and wait.
Reply 23
Don't come here much anymore but thought I should sub to this anyway :ninja:
Okay, so I know that I said that I wasn't going to be buying any more new releases for a little while, but there was only really one response to this :ahee:

Original post by kuks
Don't come here much anymore but thought I should sub to this anyway :ninja:

*Of course* you should :hi:
Reply 25
Loving Far Cry
Was gonna invest in Far Cry but I've heard bad things about bugs and very visible framerate drops when using vehicles. Is this true?
Original post by somemightsay888
Was gonna invest in Far Cry but I've heard bad things about bugs and very visible framerate drops when using vehicles. Is this true?

Not from everything that I've seen and heard, other than a few networking issues for some.
Well, my friends and I are now part of the 0.1% on PSN that have the Flawless Raider trophy. It was so nerve racking and as soon as Atheon died, it was such a great moment. Probably my favourite trophy ever earned, due the pressure of it being a team based one and the difficulty of it being quite high.

:cool:
Original post by NathanW18
Well, my friends and I are now part of the 0.1% on PSN that have the Flawless Raider trophy. It was so nerve racking and as soon as Atheon died, it was such a great moment. Probably my favourite trophy ever earned, due the pressure of it being a team based one and the difficulty of it being quite high.

Destiny trophy? Congrats! I see that makes it a platinumed game for you now - and when the PlayStation Trophies forums are rating a game's platinum trophy as 10/10 difficulty, you know that you're looking at a challenge!
Original post by Illusionary
:

Great game , similar to far cry 3 but I loved that game too so that isn't a problem for me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by scotttb
Great game , similar to far cry 3 but I loved that game too so that isn't a problem for me.

Indeed, that's what I've heard of the game and would agree with it - and with you saying that that's no bad thing!

I had some spare Nectar points after getting Far Cry 4, so after another Sainsbury's visit today I now have GTA V and Dragon Age: Inquisition for £2.99 and £4.99 respectively (+£20 worth of Nectar points each, but I've not been using the balance there for, quite literally, years).... I think I may get AC: Unity for £2.99 on Monday if I get the chance (the offer is limited to one purchase per person, but they don't track you between visits, by all accounts).

For anyone not aware of the Sainsbury's promotion, see here: http://www.nectar.com/doubleup/index.rnectar
They made the map of collectibles in AC Unity a microtransaction only thing. :angry:

Now I've got the choice of paying £4 for that or wandering aimlessly around the map for hours trying to find them myself. I'm leaning towards neither. :rolleyes:
They made the map of collectibles in AC Unity a microtransaction only thing. :angry:

Now I've got the choice of paying £4 for that or wandering aimlessly around the map for hours trying to find them myself. I'm leaning towards neither. :rolleyes:

I just bought the ps4 gta 5 bundle with TLOU, and being a massive AC fan (for 1, 2 and 4), I was really looking forward to unity...

... then I read the reviews. I've decided not to buy it. From the sounds of it, I think I've made the right decision!

I've gone for Shadow of Mordor instead. I'm pretty sure that's basically assassin's creed, without the Desmond story and the combat system from the Batman franchise. So basically, a perfect blend with no bad side!

Original post by pinkpenguin
Just ordered PS4 + TLOU + GTAV for £350. It's a great deal, but I can't decide if I can justify it right now. Might cancel it and wait.

I did a heap of research and I realised that the bundles are likely to decrease in value only after Christmas, not during. So if you have more patience than I did then just wait until Jan and see if they've gone down. Anywho, TLOU as a free added extra is definitely a great incentive.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by NathanW18

Congrats :biggrin:

Thankfully I got Flawless Raider before the random teleport patch but it was totally stressful nevertheless. I actually almost died going down the spirit bloom hole towards the left gorgon chest, the screen flashed red and everything. I just found a random group from reddit and we managed to do it first go!

I invited a friend to come along with me on the run and he's still trying to get it nigh on a month later lol
im still waiting for final fantasy 15
Hi all, not sure if you have already discussed it but is Dragon Age- inquisition any good? I have heard some describing it as the best RPG they have ever played and that it has 90 hours of game time, just in the main mission.

Does anybody know the best/cheapest place to buy it?

thanks in advance.
Reply 37
Does anyone know if Sony plans to bring the wireless gold headset in white over to the UK? I've looked everywhere and not been able to find any except on eBay but they are double the price of the original model.

As far as I am aware they have not been released here, at least that's what I'm hoping as I know they're limited edition. I know they're available in the US.
Original post by Icecream1
Hi all, not sure if you have already discussed it but is Dragon Age- inquisition any good? I have heard some describing it as the best RPG they have ever played and that it has 90 hours of game time, just in the main mission.

Does anybody know the best/cheapest place to buy it?

thanks in advance.

Yes, it's fantastic - if you enjoy RPGs (and have the time to dedicate to it), you owe it to yourself to buy it.

Best price? Well I got it for £4.99 from Sainsbury's on Saturday :biggrin:

Spoiler

If you have a Nectar card with a good balance - and can get to Sainsbury's tomorrow - then see here: http://www.nectar.com/doubleup/index.rnectar

Otherwise, keep an eye on Amazon's 'Black Friday week' offers - while I'd say that it's unlikely, possibly it could come up. £39.85 is their standard non-offer price and I can't immediately find anywhere cheaper than that right now.

In better news, we'll be getting the Dead Kings DLC for free: http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-186650-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32 (and a free game, if you bought the Season Pass)

Also, December's full PS Plus lineup has now been announced - look out for these next Wednesday:
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS4)
Secret Ponchos (PS4)
Hitman Trilogy HD (PS3)
Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut (PS3)
Final Horizon (PS Vita)
Titan Attacks (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)

Quick Reply

Latest