tips on passing the HP theory Driving test?

Watch
madhadiya
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I don't know how to do well in my hazard perception for my theory test. How do you know when to click, before or when you see a hazard? What is considered a "hazard"? are all road signs and all pedestrians included? Thanks
Dylank
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by madhadiya)
I don't know how to do well in my hazard perception for my theory test. How do you know when to click, before or when you see a hazard? What is considered a "hazard"? are all road signs and all pedestrians included? Thanks
Basically Hazard perception is quite easy. You see a video clip of around 2 minutes or so and everything which you deem to be hazardous you click at. For example, a lorry turning out in front of you or a dog without a lead. You get scored from 0-5 with 0 being no reaction (or cheating) and 5 being the quickest reaction . However, if you keep clicking consistently you will get 0 for "cheating". There is one major hazard in each clip that you have to click which will give you the points (but there are some minor ones which you should click for because you don't actually know what the major hazard is) and in one clip there are two. My driving instructor told me to click once when the hazard is developing, once when the hazard occurs and once just after, so that way you get at least one point for it. For practice just look online and there are many available. Hope this helps! Good luck
EloiseStar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by madhadiya)
I failed the first time because of the hazard perception. In my defence I didn't even know it was on the test (complete oversight on my part). I passed with the best marks I'd ever gotten on it on my second attempt. I passed by buying a disk (got it cheap at a charity shop) and took the practice tests over and over again. They're really useful because they explain the 'background' to the test so you know when to click to get the most points without being too soon or too late and missing it.

Hazards are anything that may cause a problem of affect your driving, like a bike on the road, people crossing, a car pulling out... Road signs aren't but people are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (738)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (928)
42.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (413)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.37%

Watched Threads