Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    I have dual-head card and two monitors, one 19" and one 15" put together; it's very useful. Took me an age to get Linux to co-operate with it though!
    I'm guessing that at least one of them is a flat one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    do you keep your PC at Imperial all year round?
    Yes, apart from holidays, when my dad will come and collect me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    Yes, apart from holidays, when my dad will come and collect me.
    i thought so. lugging 2 monitors around every two months or so would be a bit excessive.

ReputationRep:
    where can i get a graphics card for £5 - the cheapest i can see is about £25 fro a geforce 2 mx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    Have you got one monitor on top of the other?
    No, currently that's impratical, but I may do in the future. Currently they are side-by-side, so I really should switch to the correct orientation but there were problems getting the side-by-side orientation to work probably with X-Windows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    I'm guessing that at least one of them is a flat one?
    Yes, the 15" is; the 19" CRT weighs a ton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    where can i get a graphics card for £5 - the cheapest i can see is about £25 fro a geforce 2 mx
    if you get old ones. you dont need fancy acceleration et al on a second monitor

ReputationRep:
    e - b - a - y

ReputationRep:
    all this talk has made me really excited and want to do it now! i feel like going downstairs and ripping the graphics card out the other pc (Geforce FX thing)

ReputationRep:
    all this talk has made me really excited and want to do it now! i feel like going downstairs and ripping the graphics card out the other pc (Geforce FX thing)
    i dont see anything special about it TBH. it just like having a bigger screen/resolution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Char)

lol...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    i dont see anything special about it TBH. it just like having a bigger screen/resolution
    Try multimedia authoring then you see why two monitor systems are much easier. You can stick all the sub menus on the right screen and have the stage on the main screen. It makes things 20 times faster to work with.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Here's mine, hope it works:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    omg i want your desktop...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    why is it when i always start a thread, they are so damn popular?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYa6)
    why is it when i always start a thread, they are so damn popular?
    Because the subject of the thread is nothing to do with you :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Because the subject of the thread is nothing to do with you :rolleyes:
    the same applies to everyone elses thread though surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Try multimedia authoring then you see why two monitor systems are much easier. You can stick all the sub menus on the right screen and have the stage on the main screen. It makes things 20 times faster to work with.
    very true. Making websites a helluvalot easier. You can code on one and preview on another, or do graphics on one and preview on another, or you can run two resolutions side-by-side to see how they compare, or...

shame my desk is too small, and that I broke my spare graphics card

ReputationRep:
    my desktop is grey. rather boring but i dont bother changing it because i mess around on it. that box that comes up when you click and drag is soooooooo cool. hmmmm. nvm.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.