The Student Room Group

Ielts vs Gcse english

i finished my high-school in Pakistan and now i am studying alevel in uk. i took ielts and got overall 6 with 5.5 each this month. in my college i am also doing gcse English. now the problem is, do i put my gsce on the ucas as a pending or dont mention gcse in any way because i am worried if they see a pending gcse they might put condition offer on it at grade c and if they don't see it they might just accept ielts.

i dont know what i will get for gcse
Original post by Halid
i finished my high-school in Pakistan and now i am studying alevel in uk. i took ielts and got overall 6 with 5.5 each this month. in my college i am also doing gcse English. now the problem is, do i put my gsce on the ucas as a pending or dont mention gcse in any way because i am worried if they see a pending gcse they might put condition offer on it at grade c and if they don't see it they might just accept ielts.

i dont know what i will get for gcse

If you're taking an exam then you must declare it on your application.

If they do make an offer conditional on a grade C in GCSE then you can always ask them why. If they say the condition is for english language requirements then generally pointing out your IELTS results will be enough for them to change the offer conditions.

With your IELTS results already available it is unlikely they will make an offer conditional on your GCSE.

Do declare it though - the penalty for hiding information like this is far worse than the risk that they might make your offer conditional on your results.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
If you're taking an exam then you must declare it on your application.

If they do make an offer conditional on a grade C in GCSE then you can always ask them why. If they say the condition is for english language requirements then generally pointing out your IELTS results will be enough for them to change the offer conditions.

With your IELTS results already available it is unlikely they will make an offer conditional on your GCSE.

Do declare it though - the penalty for hiding information like this is far worse than the risk that they might make your offer conditional on your results.

i called all the unis and they all said they dont need gcse do i still need to put it on the application
Original post by Halid
i called all the unis and they all said they dont need gcse do i still need to put it on the application

Yes

You MUST declare all complete and pending qualifications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending