Economics, Unit 6 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I think its 9am, good luck eveyone whos taking it. Its the hardest and longest of the economics exams, guess I should have started revising by now.
Benny Cool
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thanks, good luck to you and everyone else too. I'll just get this ***** sorted in the morning, and then move onto the two hardest physics exams in the afternoon. Woohoo!
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So I'm not the only poor sod with economics in the am and physics in the pm. Why is physics starting so damn late anyway?!

What boards you doing Benny? I've got Edexcel for economics and OCR for physics.

Best of luck to everyone!

Ed
Benny Cool
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yep, exactly the same. Edexcel Economics 6 in the morning and OCR Physics A in the afternoon - unifying concepts and then FFE - I really don't know who thought up that one, <sarcasm>but hats off to them!!!!!!!!!!!!111</sarcasm>

FFE is such a huge module it just ain't fair, and Economics is such a huge EXAM, it just ain't fair.
Tednol
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've got OCR B, apart from that I've got the same **** day tomorrow as you.

Doesn't compare to my AS's though. I remember being timetabled to have 9 hours of exams on one day. I ended up doing physics the day early, and was left with 6 hours of essays the next day... after that tomorrow will be a walk in the park.

Ed
Benny Cool
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That sounds like a *****. What paper did you do for economics unit 5 last week? I did development economics and the tourism question, went pretty well I think (I hope!).

Do you find that the timing is REALLY tight in the unit 6 exam? I couldn't finish the data response in time in the mock we did. Hopefully there will be one essay I can do without too much trouble, but I'm not so confident for the DR.
Tednol
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Our school did Labour Markets instead of Development Economics. I answered a question on the National Minimum Wage. No I tend to be ok as regards time in paper 6. I have always struggled finishing paper 4 though, and this year was no exception! I was very pressed for time. I answered the DRQ on hospitals.

Did you retake papers 1-3 this summer?

Ed
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
stupid unit 6, i aint started revisin, we never did it in school, our teacher was always drunk
Benny Cool
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No, I did pretty good last year and didn't re take any economics this year. i did the Kodak DR question on unit 4 in January and came out with a B (couple points off an A goddammit!) on that...
Tednol
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
We don't do any papers in January at our school. They reckon it means there is not enough time for teaching or some bull like that.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
can i just ask, since i've had no practice....roughly how much are u meant to write overall for section a, part a and b, and for the DR?????
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
............. someone plz,,, im in a desperate situation now
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (199)
12.7%
Excited (136)
8.68%
Worried (287)
18.32%
Terrified (355)
22.65%
Meh (136)
8.68%
Confused (35)
2.23%