The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Staffordshire University applicants for 2015 entry chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi, what was your interview like? I'm going to an interview 6th of feb!
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
I got my offer for Modern History the other month and was wondering if anyone else was doing Modern History in September time?
Original post by Kiramarie
What was your interview like for adult nursing at Staffordshire?x

Hi!

My interview at Staffs was actually the most enjoyable out of all of the interviews I went to. It felt more informal and like a chat rather than a really serious interview which made me feel so comfortable- especially when you're ridiculously nervous like I was! The first thing we did was a maths test and you have to get 70% to pass and go onto the next interview stage which was a group interview. After the group interview we did individual interviews and I was asked loads of questions (in comparison for Keele which I was only asked four I think), but that is nothing to worry about they were all fine. The two ladies who interviewed me were absolutely lovely and put me at ease completely.
All the staff were actually very very nice & supportive... that's what made the uni stand out most for me personally.
Honestly you have nothing to worry about, all they want to know is that you've got the qualities that would make you a good nurse e.g. compassion, and that you can balance your studies and personal life well. Before your interview try and think of a couple of experiences you've already had (maybe from a previous job) where you really helped someone & went above & beyond.
x
Original post by hollyfreckles
Hi!

My interview at Staffs was actually the most enjoyable out of all of the interviews I went to. It felt more informal and like a chat rather than a really serious interview which made me feel so comfortable- especially when you're ridiculously nervous like I was! The first thing we did was a maths test and you have to get 70% to pass and go onto the next interview stage which was a group interview. After the group interview we did individual interviews and I was asked loads of questions (in comparison for Keele which I was only asked four I think), but that is nothing to worry about they were all fine. The two ladies who interviewed me were absolutely lovely and put me at ease completely.
All the staff were actually very very nice & supportive... that's what made the uni stand out most for me personally.
Honestly you have nothing to worry about, all they want to know is that you've got the qualities that would make you a good nurse e.g. compassion, and that you can balance your studies and personal life well. Before your interview try and think of a couple of experiences you've already had (maybe from a previous job) where you really helped someone & went above & beyond.
x

Thank you, that's so helpful!xx
Original post by Kiramarie
Thank you, that's so helpful!xx

What were the questions they asked you?x
applied for 2015 to study law:smile:
I'm applying!! Going for Music Tech, got an unconditional offer :biggrin: Anyone living in Stafford Campus? :P
Original post by Aaron_Smith21
I'm applying!! Going for Music Tech, got an unconditional offer :biggrin: Anyone living in Stafford Campus? :P

I am :biggrin:
Original post by alexandraflo96
Just wondering whether there is an applicant day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think they've got an open day in a couple of weeks?
Original post by BambiManchester
Think they've got an open day in a couple of weeks?

Doesn't matter anymore, I went to the open day last week. Thanks for replying though 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Forensics science offered a place.
Original post by AltairSchach
Forensics science offered a place.

Congrats dude! You thinking of taking it as a choice? What campus would you be on? :biggrin:
hey! I'm looking at finding people who are moving to staffs (stoke) to study. I am moving a fair distance from Clacton-on-Sea and the whole process is rather daunting. anyone got tips on anything that will help with the transition? or just want to talk!
Reply 33
Firmed my offer for Forensic Computing at Staffs a few days ago.

I'll be on the Stafford campus. Does anyone know how long the accommodation stuff usually takes to come through after you've replied to the offer?
Original post by engdan
Firmed my offer for Forensic Computing at Staffs a few days ago.

I'll be on the Stafford campus. Does anyone know how long the accommodation stuff usually takes to come through after you've replied to the offer?

Hi Engdan,

Congratulations on your offer! Exciting news - it's great to hear you're coming to Staffs :smile: I'm Katie and I manage the Official Rep account for Staffs uni here on TSR.

Have you applied for your accommodation yet? It's all managed online, and you can start the process here. You'll be able to apply 24 hours after you've accepted your course offer on UCAS.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. :h: We've also put together an FAQ here on TSR which you can read through. It explains a bit about the different halls options at Stafford, it you need more detail let me know :smile:

Katie :h:
Original post by Charlton_Timms
hey! I'm looking at finding people who are moving to staffs (stoke) to study. I am moving a fair distance from Clacton-on-Sea and the whole process is rather daunting. anyone got tips on anything that will help with the transition? or just want to talk!

Heya, im going to stoke to study! I know what you mean my daunting! I'm so nervous also. Give me a message and we can chat! :smile:
hey what are you studying? x
Original post by Charlton_Timms
hey what are you studying? x

I'm studying forensic investigation, what are you studying? X
Reply 38
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hi Engdan,

Congratulations on your offer! Exciting news - it's great to hear you're coming to Staffs :smile: I'm Katie and I manage the Official Rep account for Staffs uni here on TSR.

Have you applied for your accommodation yet? It's all managed online, and you can start the process here. You'll be able to apply 24 hours after you've accepted your course offer on UCAS.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. :h: We've also put together an FAQ here on TSR which you can read through. It explains a bit about the different halls options at Stafford, it you need more detail let me know :smile:

Katie :h:

Hi Katie, thanks for replying!

I'd like to sort the accommodation stuff out but it looks like I haven't had a student ref number come through yet. Is this normal? I replied via UCAS on the 23rd of this month
I will be doing forensic biology, sounds exciting! i want it to hurry up ahha it feels like college is dragging!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending