The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Staffordshire University applicants for 2015 entry chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Charlton_Timms
I will be doing forensic biology, sounds exciting! i want it to hurry up ahha it feels like college is dragging!

awesome, quite similar subjects then! I totally agree, I'm super excited but nervous in the same way! I'm counting down the days till September. Have you already applied for accommodation?
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Tell me about it, they are very similar so will no doubt see each other! yeah all applied for just waiting to hear back annoying that i wont hear back for a while ahha, how about you? do you know the date that we have to be there by? :L x
Tell me about it, they are very similar so will no doubt see each other! yeah all applied for just waiting to hear back annoying that i wont hear back for a while ahha, how about you? do you know the date that we have to be there by? :L x

Awesome!! Yeah I've applied also! I think we have to be there for September 12th, however don't quote me on that because I'm probably wrong aha! I saw you're from clacton, I'm there from end of May till uni starts working temporary! Such a small world!
That is what I thought, just because that's what it says on the accommodation application ahah. That it is, what are you doing down here for work?
That is what I thought, just because that's what it says on the accommodation application ahah. That it is, what are you doing down here for work?

Yay, I'm the not the only one who thinks that! Fingers crossed it's the right date! And hopefully got a job at a caravan park doing some cleaning, no ideal but will give me a few more pennies to spend on uni stuff :smile:)
ahha well I hope that we are not wrong, I guess they will tell us in due time. well its better than nothing I guess like i used to work in a cinema hated it literally didn't want to go to work but dealt with it because i wanted to save haha now i work at Tesco and I love it, hoping to get a transfer to a Tesco near the Uni!
ahha well I hope that we are not wrong, I guess they will tell us in due time. well its better than nothing I guess like i used to work in a cinema hated it literally didn't want to go to work but dealt with it because i wanted to save haha now i work at Tesco and I love it, hoping to get a transfer to a Tesco near the Uni!

Haha! Can totally relate! & Thats awesome, Ive only really looked at Jobs at Alton Towers up there, that's it really! So have you got anything for uni yet??
I guess it will be a big employer for uni students, I hate rides haha! I just go for the atmosphere, and the teacups :wink: I brought an Iron ahah, saving money and will be buying it all nearer the time but things like pots, pans and plates i will just go and get when I'm there don't want to lug them all about really...how about you? x
Original post by engdan
Hi Katie, thanks for replying!

I'd like to sort the accommodation stuff out but it looks like I haven't had a student ref number come through yet. Is this normal? I replied via UCAS on the 23rd of this month

Hey,

Have you had any correspondence come through from our admissions office at all? Your student ref number should appear on that.

If not, let me know and I'll see if I can find out what's going on for you :h:

Katie
Reply 49
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hey,

Have you had any correspondence come through from our admissions office at all? Your student ref number should appear on that.

If not, let me know and I'll see if I can find out what's going on for you :h:

Katie

Hi

I haven't had anything from admissions since I replied to the offers so I don't have a student ref number anywhere I can see.

Thanks
Original post by engdan
Hi

I haven't had anything from admissions since I replied to the offers so I don't have a student ref number anywhere I can see.

Thanks

Hey there,

If you've not received your email yet then you need to call enquiries directly and they'll be able to get you your Student ref number :smile: You can either phone them on 01782 294400 or you can send them an email to [email protected].

Once you've got that you can apply for you accommodation :smile: Have you thought about what type you'd like to stay in yet? :h:

Katie
Reply 51
I have recieved an offer for Midwifery at Staffordshire Unicersity! However struggling on what accommodation is best, anyone have an suggestions?
I'm studying Music Journalism and Broadcasting, got my offer back in November, applied for my accommodation, counting down the days till September! :smile:
I guess it will be a big employer for uni students, I hate rides haha! I just go for the atmosphere, and the teacups :wink: I brought an Iron ahah, saving money and will be buying it all nearer the time but things like pots, pans and plates i will just go and get when I'm there don't want to lug them all about really...how about you? x

Don't worry I'm the same, I always have a blast on the tea cups!! I've only brought pink washing up gloves ahah, I'm planning to do the same really x
Original post by laurianne__
I'm studying Music Journalism and Broadcasting, got my offer back in November, applied for my accommodation, counting down the days till September! :smile:

Congratulations! :smile: That's very exciting.

Which accommodation did you decide to apply for in the end? :h:

Hope your exams etc. are all going well!

Katie
How is everyone feeling now that exams are close to starting?

Has anyone had their bubbles through the post yet? :smile: Are you going to use them straight away or save them for a rainy day?

Katie
Stressed! The bubbles were a great help, only problem is I've used them all :L
Original post by Staffordshire University
How is everyone feeling now that exams are close to starting?

Has anyone had their bubbles through the post yet? :smile: Are you going to use them straight away or save them for a rainy day?

Katie

Bubbles ???
Original post by geobel123
Stressed! The bubbles were a great help, only problem is I've used them all :L

I popped mine straight away too! They're too much fun.

Try not to stress out too much, you'll be okay. Are you on study leave now?

Original post by katiecake4
Bubbles ???

Hopefully you should get a surprise through the post :smile:
No I've got a couple more weeks until half term then I'm on study leave, I feel like I have no time left!

Quick Reply

Latest