The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

University of Brighton applicants for 2015 entry

So, who's applying to Brighton this year? :h: What will you be studying? :smile: Where else did you apply to?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
So, who's applying to Brighton this year? :h: What will you be studying? :smile: Where else did you apply to?

I'm applying for Media studies :smile: does anybody know if this is a popular course?
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
hello, I applied to the university of brighton but got conditional offer for a graduate diploma at the university of Brighton's international college for January 2015 before proceeding for my msc at the university. any advise or people in similar category
Hi there, i am applying to bournemouth univerity to study business inforation technology.
I am cuently studying business, IT and ceatve media.
I am actually eally looking forward to going but i have a few questions (as im sure we all do)
-How do we apply for accomodation
-When are we told that we have got in or havent got in

And for current student

-What it is it like to live in brighton
I wuld be coming from the north of ireland, so it will be quite daunting moving so far away from home!
(edited 9 years ago)
Me! <waves>

Ive got my interview in a few weeks for Child Nursing.

Is a 7 HOUR long interview. I'll be behind gutted if I don't get in, Im revising my arse off as we speak.

Exciting!
Aelliot my father lives in Bournmouth and I lived in Brighton for 12 years (I now live up just up the road in a quieter part of sussex) and I can tell you the two are very different.

Brighton is excellent. Its diverse and accepting and after a while you will think nothing of the guy walking past you in drag on a Tuesday afternoon.

Social life is amazing, the people are lovely, the beach is awesome the nightlife is out of this world not to mention the festivals and stuff that they hold!

The university itself is great in my opinion having already completed a degree there.

There are downsides to Brighton but it is by far outweighed by all its merits. The only reason I moved away is because I had kids and I wanted to live somewhere quieter and greener. But Im 10 mins on the train from Brighton so Im still there every week, can't let it go!
Reply 6

I'm applying for criminology, just sent it off yesterday! :eek:
Reply 7
Hi everyone,
I've applied at brighton for social work and have got through to the interview stage.
I'm applying for a PGCE course :smile: if I ever finish my personal statement!
Reply 9
i've applied to do media studies, my ucas got sent on thursday and already received an unconditional offer from sheffield hallam, now waiting to hear back from uni of leeds, northumbria and leeds beckett
Reply 10
Original post by aprilllauren
I'm applying for Media studies :smile: does anybody know if this is a popular course?

finally someone applying for media!!! where else have you applied?
Original post by amejv
finally someone applying for media!!! where else have you applied?

Hello! Anglia Ruskin, Nottingham Trent and Chester. What about you? :smile:
Reply 12
Hello! Anglia Ruskin, Nottingham Trent and Chester. What about you? :smile:

uni of leeds, leeds beckett, northumbria and sheffield hallam :smile:
Original post by amejv
uni of leeds, leeds beckett, northumbria and sheffield hallam :smile:

Sounds wonderful, good luck! Might see you next year if we both choose Brighton!

Hi there, I am applying for International Event Management at University of Brighton but it is on the Eastbourne Campus which I have no idea if that's good or not. Is it a nice area? Is the much of a community there?
Reply 15

I've applied for English Language & Linguistics at Brighton! :smile:
I've also applied to, Uni of Leeds, Uni of Manchester, Sheffield Hallam and Aston!
i sent my application off on thursday for paramedic science :biggrin:, anyone know how long brighton take to get back to you??
Original post by LizzyD13
i sent my application off on thursday for paramedic science :biggrin:, anyone know how long brighton take to get back to you??

I applied for Social Science and they got back to me in less than two weeks :-)
Reply 18
I just got an offer, they grades they want are so low it's practically unconditional hahahah
Reply 19
Sounds wonderful, good luck! Might see you next year if we both choose Brighton!

I just got an offer! The grades the want are so low haha

Quick Reply

Latest