Do most (if not all) men cheat or have the capacity to do so?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Keep anon cos my friends use this site.

I ask because a couple of my (male) friends and I get into these debates all the time and they seem to think so on the basis of "how men are" i.e. on the basis of socialization.

What do you think? I'd like opinions on this.
A5ko
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Every human being has the capacity to cheat, whether or not they choose to act on it is an entirely separate thing.

As for do all men cheat, then no.
iheartplums
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think you mean *people.

Where is the equality?
gustavus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Everyone has the capacity... However only a proportion of both sexes cheat!
ianmckay75
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Everyone can cheat, both sexes are capable. Once a Cheater always a Cheater

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
(Original post by iheartplums)
I think you mean *people.

Where is the equality?
See this is my opinion. I think anyone can cheat (men and women). I don't think it's purely a gender thing.

Whereas a couple of my male friends disagree - they think that most men are naturally predisposed to cheating and I should apparently "believe" that.

I think it's bull****.
DeceitfulDove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ianmckay75)
Everyone can cheat, both sexes are capable. Once a Cheater always a Cheater

Posted from TSR Mobile
First sentence - :yy: agree 100%
Second sentence - :nn: disagree 100%
ianmckay75
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As someone has said it'd whether you act on it or not. If you truly love someone then you wouldn't that's how I see it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
iheartplums
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
See this is my opinion. I think anyone can cheat (men and women). I don't think it's purely a gender thing.

Whereas a couple of my male friends disagree - they think that most men are naturally predisposed to cheating and I should apparently "believe" that.

I think it's bull****.
Oh I see.
Well I know quite a few men and women that have cheated. One of my female friends cheated on her long-term boyfriend 5 times (this was nearer to when they started going out about 4 years ago). She mentioned it in a conversation we had about cheating in general. At first I thought she was joking but turns out she wasn't...
I also know a guy that has a long-term gf but has cheated on her quite a few times with different women. His gf isn't aware of it though.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ianmckay75)
As someone has said it'd whether you act on it or not. If you truly love someone then you wouldn't that's how I see it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree.
Meduza
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think everyone is capable of cheating technically speaking but it's all down to a person and their morals. Men cheat slightly more than women but by not a huge amount tbh!
Ryan_Anthony_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Keep anon cos my friends use this site.

I ask because a couple of my (male) friends and I get into these debates all the time and they seem to think so on the basis of "how men are" i.e. on the basis of socialization.

What do you think? I'd like opinions on this.
This is a rather double standard subkect, Women have exactly the same capacity to cheat and often do, Men will when they generally "aren't getting any" and can get away with it, although saying that, some men respect there partners and don't even consider it.
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Doesn't matter what gender, suppose everyone has a capacity to cheat, however many wouldn't dream of doing such thing.
jenkinsear
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Meduza)
I think everyone is capable of cheating technically speaking but it's all down to a person and their morals. Men cheat slightly more than women but by not a huge amount tbh!
One thing I have noticed in my own friendship circles is that guys tend to be more honest about cheating than girls, and place less blame on the person they cheated with. So often my female friends have come out with lines like "oh he just wouldn't take no for an answer" or "ooooh I was soooo drunk so it doesn't really count", whilst my male friends tend to not make so many excuses and accept what they did. It's interesting really.
matthewduncan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depends on your culture snd background.
I know in certain latin american cultures most mean cheat and it isnt seen as a big deal.The women just accept it.
Brazilians,argentinians,columbians etc.
Black men are notorious cheaters as well.
Turkish men are known to "spread their seed" as well
western guys i would say its about 60/40 in favour of men cheating imo
IceJJFish(II)
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
^ lol.

Anyways OP no funnily enough most men don't cheat...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tylerd94
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Each sex is capable of cheating it just depends on how strong your morals are and along with that what you class as cheating.
My ex told me all gay men cheat and he is a gay man so that was the stupidest thing he ever could of said then didn't understand why I was worried he would or had cheated lol. I'm ever that now and don't think he ever will be everyone is capable of it. All comes down to you as a person cheating is a choice
Kaiju
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
do all crabs have the ability to paint perfect replica van gogh pieces, presuming they are given the paint and easel?
Temporality
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by matthewduncan)
Depends on your culture snd background.
I know in certain latin american cultures most mean cheat and it isnt seen as a big deal.The women just accept it.
Brazilians,argentinians,columbians etc.
Black men are notorious cheaters as well.
Turkish men are known to "spread their seed" as well
western guys i would say its about 60/40 in favour of men cheating imo
What?!! Where are you getting this from?
DanB1991
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In my experience virtually anyone is capable of cheating.

Some people, the kind you would like to think never would and are madly in love still cheat.

I tend to find it's either a problem with the person or the relationship.

If it's something wrong with the relationship it can rarely be fixed and doesn't necessarily mean someone will cheat in another relationship.

If it's the person's personality flaw it's a whole different kettle of fish.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (46)
37.7%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
9.84%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.1%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
23.77%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (20)
16.39%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.2%

Watched Threads