neverland_0
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I got an E on that exam and a D overall and i think it was mainly my essay technique?? And i think history is what i want to do at uni so i wondered....do you think i can get the overall grade up enough? and will unis not accept me if they see that first grade for one exam or?? i have no idea what i'd do with a history degree or when's best to apply x
C0balt
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You will improve if you put the work in until the time of resit. It's up to you.
Oxbridge probably not, some of the top units probably not either. But considering Chinese isn't very relevant to history, many uni wouldn't mind. If you were talking about China topic in History AS then uni will mind definitely but if you apply wisely looking at requirement grades of the university some uni will accept you
jadys10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Are you resitting a history exam in China or sitting the Chinese alevels? And unis wise, where are you thinking of applying? I know in the Uk, there are universities that accept alevels as low as CCD, so aim for higher than this. With history degrees, you can end up working as a historian, write books, go on archaelogy digs, be a presenter on a programme on tv etc. I don't personally take history alevel but I do take chinese so....:smile:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.49%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.97%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.02%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.15%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.34%

Watched Threads