The Student Room Group

When to apply for accomodation and finance??

Hi, I'm just wondering when the best time would be to apply for accomodation at my chosen universities, especially considering I'm not entirely sure on my choices in order? Please let me know, thanks
Original post by ckelly11
Hi, I'm just wondering when the best time would be to apply for accomodation at my chosen universities, especially considering I'm not entirely sure on my choices in order? Please let me know, thanks

Hi, I believe UCAS will email you when it it time. Make sure that you've ticked consenting for it during Apply.

Have a great day!

Hey, just a heads up when applying for accommodation don't sign any agreements without reading them fully first or having your grades and having selected your choice first, I've known a few people who had to pay the full years accommodation even though they didn't end up going to the uni.
Reply 3

You'll probably be going into uni Halls, and each uni will have its own deadlines and ways of selecting your preferred accommodation. You need to check the websites for each of your choices and follow their instructions. UCAS may send a general reminder about accommodation, but that won't be based on what your firmed uni wants.

At my current uni, you can't apply for accommodation until you have firmed them. If you have a conditional offer, this means that there's a massive rush for uni-owned accommodation shortly after results day.

Some unis might allow you to put a deposit down on accommodation in advance of firming them, but as noted above, if you don't end up firming them, you may lose anything that you've paid.
Original post by Joseph.S
Hi, I believe UCAS will email you when it it time. Make sure that you've ticked consenting for it during Apply.

Have a great day!

It's nothing to do with ucas!
Original post by jelly1000
It's nothing to do with ucas!

Really? I'm sure there was atack box about when student finance should message you. MY Head of 6th told us to tick it. Sorry if I'm incorrect.
Original post by Joseph.S
Really? I'm sure there was atack box about when student finance should message you. MY Head of 6th told us to tick it. Sorry if I'm incorrect.

student finance maybe, but again student finance and applying for accomodation are completley seperate
Original post by jelly1000
student finance maybe, but again student finance and applying for accommodation are completely separate

Apologies, I was talking about finance not accommodation that with the Uni itself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending