Lularose83
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, I'm currently studying ocr as biology.
The problem is, no matter how much i revise or how much I'm sure that I understand the topics, my end of topic test results are shocking (e's and d's) I feel like I'm jinxed. I study so hard but get such low results, what am I doing wrong?
Sorry,
Just had to get it out
Jasminem97
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I'm studying AS OCR Biology too, I've been getting E's and D's too! I was advised to change my revision technique, because I just read and highlight my text books, maybe try different methods?
I'm not sure if your doing the spec in the same order as me, but I'm currently on Biological Molecules and Cell Membranes, and my teachers have been saying it gets better when we progress on to Health & Disease and Ecology, so just hold on for the better topics!
Ana:)
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lularose83)
Hi, I'm currently studying ocr as biology.
The problem is, no matter how much i revise or how much I'm sure that I understand the topics, my end of topic test results are shocking (e's and d's) I feel like I'm jinxed. I study so hard but get such low results, what am I doing wrong?
Sorry,
Just had to get it out
Hiya, what are you doing in order to revise? if you feel like you understand it's probably down to exam technique. I do AQA, and I found it the most helpful to do lots of past papers, just go through papers answering what you can, this way you can test your knowledge and also work on your exam technique too.
Good luck
Exx
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
The thing with biology is no matter how much you know your stuff, you won't get a good grade if you don't know the mark scheme answers. Just keep doing loads of past papers (repeat until your getting all of it right) and you shouldn't find your real exam too difficult as they're all similar.
(I just realised you do OCR, I'm AQA but im assuming it's gonna be a similar case?)
Ana:)
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Oh, and I forgot to mention. I had this problem at first because I had just finished my GCSE's but you will need to add a lot more detail in your answers, your problem may stem from this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.76%
Okay (110)
29.02%
A bit lacking (141)
37.2%
Not good at all (91)
24.01%

Watched Threads