Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I was at first thinking about doing the pros and cons of solitary confinement, but my teacher said it was too vague and that I should do treatment of prisoners in general?

However I am having second thoughts and was considering doing something on current conflicts? such as the Palestinian crisis?

Any thoughts?
cecillia
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do what you're most comfortable with and on something you have more knowledge on instead of picking a topic you'll have to research a lot.
SteveJB
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 1252)
I was at first thinking about doing the pros and cons of solitary confinement, but my teacher said it was too vague and that I should do treatment of prisoners in general?

However I am having second thoughts and was considering doing something on current conflicts? such as the Palestinian crisis?

Any thoughts?
It depends really; partly on how much you know already about the topics and partly on how passionate you are about them. So if you did you the prisoners one, how well do you know the topic already? Is it something you passionate about - on either side of the argument? Do you feel you could spread the argument out for, is it 1200 words? Of course you have to do research and you will have references but it helps if yes is the answer to the questions above.
And again the same applies for the conflicts one - although that one would pose more difficulties ie the reliability of certain sources and the depth to which these conflicts go, especially the Palestine/Israel conflict.

When I done it last year I did my discursive on bringing back extinct animals and the ethics of it..."Should we be allowed to use recent advances in genetic technology to bring back extinct animals?" was the question I used. I had already read a lot into this topic and related issues and scientific basis so felt it would be easy for me to show the marker a) my arguments and b) my knowledge/passion.
Then, of course, it's down to the actual English of it and how you word certain lines and the style you write it in (plus all the fun grammer).

Hope this helps, any other questions or if this wasn't useful and want me to expand on anything just ask!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (671)
33.65%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (847)
42.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.56%

Watched Threads