The Student Room Group

Turkish prime-minister tries to threaten Israel

Nothing will keep Turkey from "protecting Jerusalem and the al-Aqsa Mosque," Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu has stated, while reiterating his warnings to Israel to avoid any new "attack" on holy sites.

“From here, I once more call on Israel and Israel’s brutal rulers: Don’t you dare considering resuming these attacks against al-Quds [Jerusalem] and the al-Aqsa Mosque, regarding ... internal turmoil and tension in the Islamic world as an opportunity. Even if everyone remains silent, the government of the Republic of Turkey will not keep silent,” Davutoğlu said on Nov. 11.

His words were the latest warning publicly expressed by Turkey to Israel since last week, following tension over Israeli-controlled access to Jerusalem’s holiest site, revered by Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary, where the al-Aqsa Mosque stands, and by Jews as the mount where Biblical temples once stood.

Source: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkey-the-loudest-voice-against-israels-actions-pm-davutoglu.aspx?pageID=238&nID=74184&NewsCatID=510

Is this the new start of a freeze in the Turkish-Israelrelations?

I cannot understand why NATO-''member'' Turkey is constantly trying to devour Western interests in the Middle-East. Not only did Turkey support ISIS, but they also support the Muslim Brotherhood(which Hamas derives from) and are trying to break up Syria.

Of course, Israels government isn't angel-like and has done bad things too, but at the end of the day, Turkey hasn't any right to interfere in Israel-Palestine affairs.

Besides that, Turkish people all over the world(especially in Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, etc) are always blaiming Great-Britain, US and Israel for anything in the world. It seems as if Turkish people are really anti-West.

Also, it seems as if Turkey is trying to revive the old Ottoman Empire and the country is taking heavy measures to achieve its goal. Should Turkey exit the NATO and form an own MuslimBrotherhood-ISIS-Turkey union?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This is good news as hopefully this will prevent Turkey from joining the EU
Reply 2
Original post by -Native Briton-

Turkey joining the EU will never happen. Turkey has finished 2 of the 27 EU chapters(parameters) yet, what basically means that it will take Turkey a heavy reform to even comply with the half of all EU chapters, let alone all of them.

Besides that, Turkey joining the EU will be disastrous since it will be a symbolic Trojan Horse joining the EU. EU will collapse immediately.
Reply 3
Tensions have been rising ever since Israelis killed 8 turks, and then turned down at the international courts even though human rights abuses had been carried out. The good thing is that Dovatoglu and Erdogan not scared of coming out to make clear their religious views clear.
I'm not sure for what proportion of Turks that psychopathic lunatic speaks for.
Reply 5
Keep justifying Israel's paranoia.
Reply 6

Constantinople Was greater than the EU will ever be
Original post by SarcasticMel
I'm not sure for what proportion of Turks that psychopathic lunatic speaks for.

Well who put him in power ? oh yeah the majority of the Turkish population !
Original post by H.N.I.C

Constantinople was European once
Reply 9
Original post by H.N.I.C

Constantinople only was that great when it was under Byzantine(aka Roman aka European) power. The Byzantines built it to a great city, the Turks just conquered it and since 1700 it has declined.
The Al-Aqsa mosque is in East Jeresulam and as far as the international community is concerned Israel has no claim to East Jeresulam and its annexation is illegal. So no, Turkeys comments should have no impact on its international standing.
The Turkish government are cowards. Happy to support Isis if it gets the Kurds off their back. They've shown their true colours to Nato and the EU.
Original post by H.N.I.C

The key word being "was".

This new president was always going to be a problem, far too fanatically Muslim for a secular state. I fear it won't be by the time he's gone.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tengentoppa
Might want to change that.

The key word being "was".

This new president was always going to be a problem, far too fanatically Muslim for a secular state. I fear it won't be by the time he's gone.

Why would i want to change what i said. Turkey is not European and it is muslim. only 3% of Turkey lies in Europe and this is previously owned greek land that was conquered by the ottomans.

Turks are not European and never have been
Well who put him in power ? oh yeah the majority of the Turkish population !

But that doesn't mean they agree with everything he says...
Why would i want to change what i said.

Look at the last three words he bolded.
Original post by Skip_Snip
Look at the last three words he bolded.

My mistake :biggrin:
Israel would walk all over Turkey.
Original post by Counselor
Nothing will keep Turkey from "protecting Jerusalem and the al-Aqsa Mosque," Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu has stated, while reiterating his warnings to Israel to avoid any new "attack" on holy sites.

“From here, I once more call on Israel and Israel’s brutal rulers: Don’t you dare considering resuming these attacks against al-Quds [Jerusalem] and the al-Aqsa Mosque, regarding ... internal turmoil and tension in the Islamic world as an opportunity. Even if everyone remains silent, the government of the Republic of Turkey will not keep silent,” Davutoğlu said on Nov. 11.

His words were the latest warning publicly expressed by Turkey to Israel since last week, following tension over Israeli-controlled access to Jerusalem’s holiest site, revered by Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary, where the al-Aqsa Mosque stands, and by Jews as the mount where Biblical temples once stood.

Source: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkey-the-loudest-voice-against-israels-actions-pm-davutoglu.aspx?pageID=238&nID=74184&NewsCatID=510

Is this the new start of a freeze in the Turkish-Israelrelations?

I cannot understand why NATO-''member'' Turkey is constantly trying to devour Western interests in the Middle-East. Not only did Turkey support ISIS, but they also support the Muslim Brotherhood(which Hamas derives from) and are trying to break up Syria.

Of course, Israels government isn't angel-like and has done bad things too, but at the end of the day, Turkey hasn't any right to interfere in Israel-Palestine affairs.

Besides that, Turkish people all over the world(especially in Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, etc) are always blaiming Great-Britain, US and Israel for anything in the world. It seems as if Turkish people are really anti-West.

Also, it seems as if Turkey is trying to revive the old Ottoman Empire and the country is taking heavy measures to achieve its goal. Should Turkey exit the NATO and form an own MuslimBrotherhood-ISIS-Turkey union?

This is a sad time for Turkey. Despite poor relations with a lot of countries in the region (officially), Turkey and Israel have generally been relatively friendly.

This new president really seems very much pro-Islam rather pro-secular.

Not sure its yet anti-west but headed that way.

Original post by Counselor
Turkey joining the EU will never happen. Turkey has finished 2 of the 27 EU chapters(parameters) yet, what basically means that it will take Turkey a heavy reform to even comply with the half of all EU chapters, let alone all of them.

Besides that, Turkey joining the EU will be disastrous since it will be a symbolic Trojan Horse joining the EU. EU will collapse immediately.

The EU itself is a very expansionist institution and some of the core are quite happy, especially since they change government every few years.

Turkey joining would certainly cause the UK and others to leave but there would still be a very expansionist core remaining.

I've long said that by 2050 the EU will cover almost all the Mediterranean from Turkey to Morocco albeit a number of states will have left.
Reply 19
Why would i want to change what i said. Turkey is not European and it is muslim. only 3% of Turkey lies in Europe and this is previously owned greek land that was conquered by the ottomans.

Turks are not European and never have been

so having blue eyes and blondes dont make you european i thought racists were into that aryan ideal :- D!

Quick Reply

Latest